MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I will be moving the Cape Cod area (Otis AFB) from Germany. This is going to happen really fast as I have been requested to start around the 1st of July. So, if any of you fine folks have friends or relatives that are Realtors, please let me know. My wife and I will be looking to rent.

I look forward to meeting the fine folks of the New England Region.... :) :cool:

·
Domestic Motor Pool Chief
1,150 Posts
Welcome to Cape Cod!

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I am looking forward to moving there. It looks like a lovely place to live. :)

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Wow good luck with the move, being a previous expat, I know what's involved! I don't know any realtors in that area of the USA; however I'm sure you'll get something really nice and don't forget to post photos of your new place when you can! Safe trip ;)

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
You're going to love it! Fuzzy and I used to make regular pilgrimages to Moody's Diner. ;) You probably won't make MINIs on Top this year, but it's not too early to start the thread for next year. :D

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Welcome to the Cape. Arriving in the summer means you'll need to learn to go everywhere taking left hand turns. The summer population grows 3 fold starting mid-June through Labor Day.
If you're stationed at Otis you'll have best rental opportunities in Falmouth, Pocassett, Mashpee, Sandwich. Of course the rents will be cheaper over the bridge on the mainland but it will be a royal hassle commuting in the summer months.
Try Cape Cod Craig's List: cape cod / islands apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist
Or Cape Cod Online: CapeCodRental.com - Summer rentals, seasonal vacation cottages, luxury rentals, waterfront, hotels, motels, bed and breakfast for rent on Cape Cod! Otis is in the region known as Upper Cape and there are links to loads of Realtors on that page.
I know Karen Michels at Beach Realty in Sandwich. If you make contact tell her Steve Barnatt sent you. Not sure what they have for rentals but she may be able to steer you in the right direction Cape Cod Real Estate - Beach Realty or karen @ beachrealtycapecod.com

Good luck and bring your sun block:cool:

I'll check and see if we have any real estate agents in the cape cod minis group

Reactions: DaFlake

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
congrats on the move. :D
not in the NE area any more ... was in CT for a while. if there's anything that folks can do, just give a shoutout :) you've got a very short turnaround window for getting over to the states! :eek:

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
hmmmmm seems to be something in the alignment of the stars about moving amongst the NY/NE group. You're moving TO Ma. and we're moving away (Costa Rica) . Cape Cod's a cool place and there is a very active MINI group there. Good Cod Fishing too..........:cool:
Jock

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
Congrats!
Margaret & I came over from England 12 years ago - we like it here (and we like the MINI crowd too!) ... you should get over here for June 27/28 and break yourself in to the New England MINI world in a big way at MINIsOnTop ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts