MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. so much.

Just pulling into the road where our Mini service centre is this morning (car needed a new Xenon) and the TPMS gong sounded and the light came on. Quick visual on my part couldn't spot anything but sked them to check.

Just had the call - managed to pick up a nail in the tyre. Mini quoted £143+VAT, just got a quote from Micheldever - £135 all in, but a momentary wish I hadn't specced the 17" Bullets - only momentarily though :)

Just worked out that Mini's prices would have cost me more than the ones on my Boxster S supplied and fitted by Porsche!!! That don't seem right.

G

·
Rich C said:
.. so much.

Just pulling into the road where our Mini service centre is this morning (car needed a new Xenon) and the TPMS gong sounded and the light came on. Quick visual on my part couldn't spot anything but sked them to check.

Just had the call - managed to pick up a nail in the tyre. Mini quoted £143+VAT, just got a quote from Micheldever - £135 all in, but a momentary wish I hadn't specced the 17" Bullets - only momentarily though :)

Just worked out that Mini's prices would have cost me more than the ones on my Boxster S supplied and fitted by Porsche!!! That don't seem right.
That's not bad!

My wifes car was only 3 weeks old when she picked up a 6" screw which was deemed irrepairable (not sure I believed this) - I was forced to pay over £220 inc. VAT by BMW as Kwikfit said they couldn't get the tyres off the rim.

Shameless daylight robbery - no wonder they are known as Stealers...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got back from Micheldever - so much for BMW saying the tyre needed replacing. I'm now only £9.99 lighter as it was repairable. Said they've had a couple of folks up there with the same story from BMW/Mini. If you live in the Basingstoke area I cannot praise these guys enough - have always been the best prices and have never tried it on - tyres or exhausts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Micheldever are superb. They laser tracked the rears on our last car (Mazda MX-5) after fitting and balancing four Goodyear Eagle F-1's. The car handled like it was on rails. A word of warning, though. Get there EARLY and be prepared to write the whole day off. I'll be going to them if we have any tyre issues with Scarlett.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts