MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It first started about three years ago. I fell hard for an 02 MC and spent every waking minute thinking MINI. I'd spend hours at the MINI2 web site, continuously check the progress on my build and search out Mini's on the road.

Once Mini showed up I kind of got into a new routine spending quality time driving just for the fun of it, but getting back to a normal life more or less :)

Well now I've just put in my order for an 05 MCSC. And I'm back to constantly scanning the MINI2 site for bits of information and insight into the new cabrio while I spend the next 2-3 months waiting for her to arrive.

I hope this doesn't happen every three years! :D :D :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New wife?

Yeah, but unless I let her drive the cabrio, I may have to find a new wife. She was kind enough to let the MC be "my" car and only drove it twice :) (Although she's lucky she got to do that after she put a ding in the door while the car was in our garage.)

My son (age 6) is already lobbying me to not let her have a key to the cabrio :D :D :D

My daughter (age 12) thinks it will be her first car - lmao, like that will ever happen. ;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I offered that as an option

I tried to talk her into two Mini's, but she does enjoy the comfort of the Honda Odyssey :)

I think the cabrio becomes a shared vehicle lest she think I forgot how to share my toys and play well with others :D :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats how I sold the purchase of mine to my wife. " It will keep me out of the bars hun, I'll be to busy driving". It worked.. :D :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Eurekame! This will be my first convertible and I am soooo looking forward to it. After renting a Mistubishi Spyder drop top last May, I realized what I was missing. For me, Mini's cabrio is the perfect combination of fun, sportiness and practicality. Plus it's much cheaper than 3 series or Saab 9-3 convertibles :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts