MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up tonight - what can I say, absolutely brilliant !!

I loved my old R53 and really wish i had never sold it - but I think this is going to be a fine replacement - its currently sat outside having done 70 odd miles - really cant wait until its done a couple of thousand and loosens up a bit!!

One question - how do you make the windows go up when your not in the car? you used to put the key in the lock and hold it in the lock position - that seems a little tricky with the flying saucer thing.......

Couple of pics I took earlier........

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Very nice! :nice:

...oh and the window up thing...just take the real key out of the 'flying saucer' ;) If you hold the 'flying saucer' and press the little silver button on the back and pull them apart :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh - thanks for that!! - I did wonder what you put in the key hole!!

How long until it gets light again? I want to go for another go !!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks great, congratulations. The more I see the R56 JCW the more I want one, but they're way too expensive over here (€42k!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not really the right place for it i'm sure but someone will be able to help....I cant make anything work with the USB socket.

Plugged my ipod in with the apple cable and nothing - had a read on here, seems as I have a mac formatted ipod it wont work without the BMW lead - fair enough.

So I got a memory stick and transferred the contents of my my music folder onto that - and it wont recognise that - its odd as I didnt format the stick with my mac - just put the files onto it - have tried a million different folder layers etc but it just doesn't recognise it........put ipod in - press the button and it lets me select USB - come up load, then after 10 or so seconds just goes --

any suggestions - I dont really want to have to buy a PC!!

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Hi Esuuv

mmm weird one that. Have you tried formatting the memory stick as a dos volume with your mac. I did that with my 8Gb memory stick and seemed to work. I gave in and bought the BMW Y lead in the end..

WD

·
DS/B Cooper Works
179 Posts
Hi Esuuv

mmm weird one that. Have you tried formatting the memory stick as a dos volume with your mac. I did that with my 8Gb memory stick and seemed to work. I gave in and bought the BMW Y lead in the end..

WD
Update....

I just re-formatted my ipod on my pc and tried it in the car with the white ipod cable and it works NOT very well I might add. seems to get stuck indexing and when changing tracks...:(

This might be one for the R56 I.C.E. forum......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the suggestions......

well just to check i've got a friend with a PC to upload his itunes library onto the memory stick - i'll get it tomorrow and see if it works at all - so far have had nothing at all out of it so it may not be a mac issue at all.

I tried formatting the stick every way I could think and nothing worked.

I think I am going to concede and buy the BMW lead anyway - will email the dealer, see what they say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts