MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Astro Black &White cooper
23 Posts
CIS insurance is also worth considering,

I'm only 19 and i pay £900 a year for my 05 cooper. Think thats quite a good deal. :black:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
insurance drop

I had an MCS and was insured at a certain value.
Just got an MCS JCW and am now charged 10% less.

work that one out then !!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cooper S Works, who are you insured with now? I've found elephant are great in London but not sure how they'll take to a JCW conversion!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was with Elephant prior to getting my MCS. When it cam to renew having changed to the Mini it was much higher that the Golf GTI I had previously. I ended up going with Privilege (online) who were significantly cheaper than Elephant.

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My insurance goes up most years last year was the first year with the S it cost me so much to upgrade for about 3 months cover I think it was roughly the same as upgrading from a 1275i classic to a One for 10 months.
Then the quote of £1000 came in and I fell over Esure were the best at £800.

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
Man i did well then.

I noticed from ur profile that ur 31 years young and ur paying £800!?

Im 24 and pay £640 got full no claims but also 3 points (oops)

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That Hyper Blue looks good think I need another Blue car my last two were blue.

Its an odd thing insurance when I first insured a car £440 998cc Mini in Leigh I got it down to about £200 by moving to my wifes (girlfreind at the time) parents house. They lived about 5 miles away but it had a WA postcode. This was cheshire one of the better areas for insurance. I then moved to Oldham and had to pay £120 to keep my policy for just 6 months.
I should have guessed what would happen when I got an S.
Another slight problem http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1354777.stm try having that on your postcode as well as being in dreaded Greater Manchester.
I will keep you all up to date with the ensuing battle.

·
DrJ
170 Posts
I was with esure until my MCS was converted to a JCW earlier this year. At that time esure then refused to recognise it at all and I had to cancell my insurance and take out alternative cover with Direct Line.
Only required a very small increase in premium.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just renewed my insurance with Tesco for my 54 MCS with 3 points - premium £531 always been happy with Tesco premiums....and consider this, my wife is on the insurance and she is a fully speced 22 yrs with.......with chrome bits !!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Insurance

I am here in Korea and pay only $500 a year for full coverage with $100 deductable

·
Registered
267 Posts
flat out said:
Try elephant.co.uk - my insurance has dropped by 20% this year
Be careful with elephant because if your mcs gets written off or stolen they will only pay out for a standard mcs, they don't pay out for modifications, thats including the chili pack.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts