MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MCS R53 Red and Whitey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"You can't put non runflat tyres on runflat rims my friend"

Oh so I will have to buy their expensive run flat Pirellis will I?

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Thats pap.. kwickfit have fitted non RF tyres to my old S spokes several times.

You cant fit a RF to a normal wheel (so I'm told due to the need for a special lip on the wheel??!)

But there is nothing that stop a non RF tyre going on a MINI or BMW rim, that as standard have RF tyres

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Kwikfit have fitted non-runflats for me too, its just you get the one numpty in there that talks out of his arse who hasn't a scooby doo;)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
You can't get thicker than a kwikfit fitter! comes to mind!

Of course you can put non-runflat tyres on standard wheels - all thats different is the sidewall structure I think!;)

·
MCS R53 Red and Whitey
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's like saying: "It's official from Mickey Mouse: The moon is made from cheese".

Exactly....and he was so nice calling me his "friend" n all ;)

Nob.

All sorted now via Black Circle to come and fit at my place of work some nice non runflats.

·
Registered
460 Posts
back when RF"s were first out there were runflat rims, but this was quickly dropped and has never been the case with the mini, it just seems to have stuck in the brains of a lot of tyre fitters

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Not sure Andrew. I find your posts easier to understand and you write in Scottish:p
Wait until you hear me speak using my confused half-American, half-English accent. :p Someone remind me what nationality I'm supposed to be again? :confused:

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Portugese isn't it?

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
if kwik-fit say it then it must be true :rolleyes:

there are lots of threads on here that are recent about this same issue. They all say the same thing, non run flat tyres can be put on wheels that recently had runflats on it.!!:smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts