MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cooper 'S' will be released in June and it will cost ...........

Wait for it........

£14,500 as per autoexpress this week

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that doesnt mean that i cant go about telling everyone now does it!!! :D :D

Besides i ordered as soon as i could your about 8 months late!! :D :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul_Mullett said:
It was our first news story yesterday, I have more to add, but due to a big BT cock-up I've been unable to get online at home until now.

:(

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting ?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Andrewfuzzy said:
The Cooper 'S' will be released in June and it will cost ...........

Wait for it........

£14,500 as per autoexpress this week
You've got yourself a bargain in the S in the UK. Even taking exchange rates into account (which is no real indication of value) that price must come as a pleasant suprise.

·
Registered
448 Posts
We're not comparing apples with apples, though.

The UK version comes with virtually nothing as standard - SSP, ASC, 16" wheels and sports seats over the Cooper. Now I think those, plus the gob-huge hike in HP and torque, make the S much better than the Cooper (I've driven the Cooper - main complaints from me were a slightly wishy-washy ride - improved by SSP no doubt - and a gutless engine).

But when we compare the UK price to that in Oz, the US, or mainland Europe, I'm far from sure. Others are getting Radio Boost, fog lamps, aircon etc - all options that most of us will want and I'll end up paying extra for. At the moment, the US car looks to be the best value for money, but I haven't sat down and compared them too closely as it's not worth trying to get one from outside the UK.

The dutch sound like they have the biggest cause to complain, as the price seems unusually high - if I lived in Holland, I'd do my damndest to buy from Germany or the UK. Lord knows, enough British citizens have been forced to buy UK-built cars from the Netherlands over the past decade thanks to the crazy prces we usually get to pay over here!)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Viscount Charles wrote:
We're not comparing apples with apples, though.

The UK version comes with virtually nothing as standard - SSP, ASC, 16" wheels and sports seats over the Cooper. Now I think those, plus the gob-huge hike in HP and torque, make the S much better than the Cooper (I've driven the Cooper - main complaints from me were a slightly wishy-washy ride - improved by SSP no doubt - and a gutless engine).

But when we compare the UK price to that in Oz, the US, or mainland Europe, I'm far from sure. Others are getting Radio Boost, fog lamps, aircon etc - all options that most of us will want and I'll end up paying extra for. At the moment, the US car looks to be the best value for money, but I haven't sat down and compared them too closely as it's not worth trying to get one from outside the UK.

The dutch sound like they have the biggest cause to complain, as the price seems unusually high - if I lived in Holland, I'd do my damndest to buy from Germany or the UK. Lord knows, enough British citizens have been forced to buy UK-built cars from the Netherlands over the past decade thanks to the crazy prces we usually get to pay over here!)
Well Viscount, I've compared the Cooper with the S over here in the Netherlands and the S has some options extra compared to the Cooper like ASC+T, sport seats, SSP+, 16" and an airco. But ehh that's about it. I agree with you that we have the most reasons to complain about the price of that litlle fellow.. Reason? I don't have a clue, it's a common thing that dutch car are more expensive than german's car but that has to do with tax. Only that's no explanation for the big differance of EUR 7.250 between the Cooper and the S.

Due to the high tax over here in Holland it's not an option to buy a car in Germany and thne pay (when you want to register it in Holland) more than 30% BPM/tax.

But heck, I dont' want a Cooper, I want an Cooper S! The biggest complan is that the Cooper is much, much to slow for me especially in thirth, four and fifth gear.

Roy

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
FFOP said:

Well Viscount, I've compared the Cooper with the S over here in the Netherlands and the S has some options extra compared to the Cooper like ASC+T, sport seats, SSP+, 16" and an airco. But ehh that's about it. I agree with you that we have the most reasons to complain about the price of that litlle fellow.. Reason? I don't have a clue, it's a common thing that dutch car are more expensive than german's car but that has to do with tax. Only that's no explanation for the big differance of EUR 7.250 between the Cooper and the S.

Due to the high tax over here in Holland it's not an option to buy a car in Germany and thne pay (when you want to register it in Holland) more than 30% BPM/tax.

But heck, I dont' want a Cooper, I want an Cooper S! The biggest complan is that the Cooper is much, much to slow for me especially in thirth, four and fifth gear.

Roy
Maybe your dealers misinterpreted the term "supercharge";)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts