MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aaaaaalright
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried playing an itunes music store song on the 05 radio. Didnt work, I tried both ways, burning it to a music CD and playing it on a cd of mp3 files. All my other mp3s work except for them.

Basicly what i want to know is how to be able to play songs I downloaded from the iTunes store on the 05 mini radio - or if its possible.

If anyone has any success with this please let me know

thanks

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Woah! Never heard of this... not being able to listen to iTunes in an 05??... thats a deal breaker for me. :eek:

I had issues with songs burned through iTunes skipping in my 2003 Cooper. The same CDs that would play fine in other cars wouldn't play properly in the MINI. I finally had to upgrade to some top quality CDs and the problem was solved.

G

·
dave316 said:
I just tried playing an itunes music store song on the 05 radio. Didnt work, I tried both ways, burning it to a music CD and playing it on a cd of mp3 files. All my other mp3s work except for them.

Basicly what i want to know is how to be able to play songs I downloaded from the iTunes store on the 05 mini radio - or if its possible.

If anyone has any success with this please let me know

thanks
Not sure what you mean by iTunes songs... My 05 plays burned cds and mpeg3 cds (can get about 70 on 1 cd) if you mean AAC, you can convert formats in iTunes (v4+) ... simply change your import format to the desired "output" format (e.g. mp3), then select the AAC tunes you want to convert, go the the Advanced menu, and you'll find the selection option to "Convert to 'preference_setting' ".

MW

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Dave,

The songs you buy from the iTMS are protected, you will not be able to play them through anything else than iTunes. You also won't be able to convert them to other formats like MP3.
For them to play in your MINI, you will have to burn the songs on a CD-R as an audio CD (this feature is allowed by Apple) or get yourself an iPod and interface it to your MINI's stereo.

--
paco

·
I want that one in blue..
53 Posts
You could also burn them to an Audio CD via Itunes and then rip them back into the Itunes library as MP3 files.

You would lose some quality bacause the music has been encoded twice but you may prefer to have a MP3 CD for your head unit instead of lots of individual standard CDs

·
Registered
29 Posts
The iPod won't play WMA. I suspect that what you need to do is burn an audio CD, NOT a data/MP3 CD for these AAC files.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts