MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where be that blackbird too... I know where he be... he be up your wurzel tree... and I be after he.....

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/archived_material/2002/week_48/whatson/asp/02-11-29Gigs.asp ;);)

Will The Wurzels make No 1?

The Wurzels are officially releasing their first new CD in 25 years on Saturday at Bristol City Football Club.

Those 'Crop Idols' have put their distinctive West Country stamp on a fine collection of classic contemporary hits which cross over from dance, indie to great pop.

The Wurzels began with Adge Cutler in the early 60s but only came to real fame when they parodied Melanie's 'Brand New Key' with 'Combine Harvester' and shot straight to number one in 1977 followed by 'I am A Cider Drinker' which was a re-arranged cover of 'Una Paloma Blanca', proving that a Wurzelised song is a hit song.

This is the first time in 25 years that the band has addressed that winning formula.

The CD will be stocked in various supermarkets, garden centres and petrol stations.

For your nearest stockist telephone (01373) 834167.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
mad brummie
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing