MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everybody know, I superchipped my Cooper already and I gained about 7HP according to the dyno test ( its reliability is questionable ). But I also felt the difference in the car. It responds better, it is a lot more quicker in lower rpm. Still not flying though. But one think I should warn everyone is that, don't mess with your redline point if you wanna chip your car because that will make your engine suffer day by day... Other then that, let me say It is nice way to tune -up your Cooper, for now.....:p :p

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It worked out very well !!!

Well, NO !

Actually ýt didn't make the slightest difference in my case because when I installed my superchip, I kept the original ECU ( Chip ) program wýth me and I can switch tham any time I want. Last week I went down to my BMW dealer to check out my transmission. Of course I changed the chips before I went
there and although they put the car on a diognastic computer test and everything, they didn't notice ANYTHING !!!! That proves it huh? But if you want to chip your car Martin, make sure your Superchips dealer will welcome you anytime you may need to go to the service to change the programs ( Chips ). Other then that, I can say WAY TO GO SUPERCHIPS....

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do Superchip Chip it?

When you refer to changing chips is this a physical change of small black thingy with lots of legs living inside your ECU or is it a plug in a wire and Laptop PC sort of chip change.

I just wondered whether I could swop programes myself after install.

Had my last Car Superchiped it was Brill

MiniHaha:cool:

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
What superchips do is just aleter you ECU setting, no chip is added or replaced, they just change the software setting on original MINI ECU, thats it.

On some cars a "chip" has to be physically added in order for there to be a difference as some ECU can't be uptaded or changed.

No what I mean?

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
Great news

Hey guys sent an email to Superschips a week ago, got some great news about the warranty issue! Read on!!!!!

This is what Mike said

"Thank you for your enquiry. There is not a warranty issue with any of our conversions. All of our conversions include a one year Superchips warranty in addition to your BMW warranty (terms and conditions apply). If in the event of a warranty claim, it is found that the Superchip conversion is the cause of the fault then our warranty will cover the costs. Otherwise your normal BMW warranty will apply. There is no extra cost for this, it is included as part of our conversion.

For further details please contact your local fitting centre. Details of your local fitting centre is on our web site: www.superchips.co.uk.

Regards,

Michael."

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I thought Harry Ramsdens sold Superchips :confused: :confused: :p :p :p

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
Re: Great news

Ibb said:

"Thank you for your enquiry. There is not a warranty issue with any of our conversions. All of our conversions include a one year Superchips warranty in addition to your BMW warranty (terms and conditions apply). If in the event of a warranty claim, it is found that the Superchip conversion is the cause of the fault then our warranty will cover the costs. Otherwise your normal BMW warranty will apply. There is no extra cost for this, it is included as part of our conversion.

Doesn't this mean that if there is a problem after twelve months due to the superchip then you won't be covered by either warranty. Then again for the price of the superchip and the amount of fun it brings you could always buy it again in a years time just to get another years "superchip warranty"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts