MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering in July and having a horrible wait, I finally picked up my new Mini this afternoon! After changing my mind a lot, I went with this spec:

MCC
Astro Black
Manual Air Con
17" Bullet Alloys
Exterior Chrome
Chome Mirror Caps
Single CD Player
Front Sport Seats
TLC Pack

I know this picture will look like a lot of your cars which you own already, but I just love it and want to show everyone. I have named him 'Norbet' . And thanks for my brilliant Mini Sales Man, James in William Jacks Sunningdale who just made the whole experience a lot of fun (and I know he reads mini2).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice

Makes me wanna change my mind again and go back to ordering a Cab. I unfortunately lost my bottle due to the various problems highlighted on this forum. I originally ordered a S Cab, but changed to a hatch JCW S

Good luck anyway......................

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Hello :)

I do like your car very very very much! :D

I just love black and chrome - would have it myself (along with every other colour :rolleyes: )

Shame about the rain on pickup though - lets hope for many nice days of cool winter sunshine when the roof can come down - thats gotta be the life drop top driving in the winter sunshine! :D :D :cool: in a MINI of course :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice looking car! I could have had instant gratification with the beautiful black MCC in the showroom but someone else wanted cool blue and the wait.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats Karly on your ne perchase and hope you two have may days of fun togeather :)

So what it like having a new member to your family ? i bet your so happy ;) and let us know what you think once you have the time to chat in here again hahahhah :)

Take care and cheers

Roman

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
very nice! a quick question, the chrome hinge covers- do they come as part of CLE we've ordered a MOC with CLE and dont know if they'll be present??

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Nice ride Faz

Now the fun starts with all the other goodies you can add that you see on the rest of our cars on Mini2.

ENJOY and don't forget to flash back !!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your lovely messages. I have been driving it for 2 full days now and I really love it, it's gotta be my fav car I've ever owned. I just love the sound of the engine, its just so throaty and solid and I just love the interior, it's just so nicely designed. The little touches like having a refridgerated glove box, just so cool. But what about the glow in the dark handle in the boot to pull if you get locked in there, I found that a bit odd!

The car actually doesn't feel as fast as its going because it's so smooth and I'm always suprised when I look at the speedo and realise what speed I'm going. I am extremely nervous though of parking it and leaving it anywhere incase someone bangs their car door into it etc, I'm being very protective of him.

I'm not sure if the chrome hinge bits come with the chrome mirror caps and not the exterior chrome. All I know is that I didn't ask for them, and there they were, so it definately has to be one of the two.

P.S There is a little black button next to the handbreak near the drivers side with a funny little picture on it - what is it for?

·
Convertible -here at last
134 Posts
Chrome boot hinges are part of the chrome line exterior.
You have to pay extra for the chrome door mirrors though.
And the chrome vents by the indicators are after market only.

Great buy Karly - you'll love it but be prepared for a lot of washing to keep it clean!

G&G

PS Is the button to adjust the exterior mirrors?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

I know where the button is for the exterior mirror, this is a different button, on its own in line with the handbrake, on the drivers side. It has a funny diagram on it which sort of looks like wires which go into an E shape. I think I will have to get out my manual!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.