MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 MCS with these problems, and don't have a clue about what they are:
1. When stopped at a stop light, car in neutral, foot off clutch, there is a knocking sound. when I depress the clutch, it goes away and doesn't come back until the next time it happens.

2. On take off, the clutch squeals. Doesn't matter if I let it out slowly or quickly. Is this a clutch plate problem?

Thanks for your help

· Registered
22 Posts
The clutch click you hear in normal if the clutch is let out and the car in in netural. Every car I've had with a clutch did that. It's the throw out bearing.

As for the squeal, bad news, Sport, start looking for a new cluthch. My '87 Toyota truck started that, now it's time for me to get a new clutch, (hey, once in 227,000 miles ain't too bad, right?).

How many mile you got on your buggy?

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clutch noise

I've only got about 22,000 miles on the car -- I shouldn't have this problem. Not this soon. Not ever. Been driving a great number of years and never had a clutch problem.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.