1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the brochure today,

Standard UK spec is as follows.
Alarm
Aluminium look interior trim( dont they all have that?)
Ashtray and cigar lighter
ASC+t
Electric front windows
Hight Availible drivers seat
Leather stearing wheel/gear knob
16" x-lite alloy wheels with 195/55 tyres
Multi link rear axle
Radio WAVE
Rev counter
Sports seats
Sports suspension plus

That is what your 14'500 gets you. however, BMW are releasing a first batch of cars with only two spec levels which cant officially be altered. and the choice of only two colours; EB and DS. One spec level comes in at 15,700, the other comes with everything and comes in at approx 19,500! I saw the details in the dealer's folder! the 15'700 comes with xenon headlamps, manual air con., and a generally good spec. the other one has everything you can get, but its a bit out of my price range!!! but if you've got the money!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
madmancooper said:
Got the brochure today,

Standard UK spec is as follows.
Alarm
Aluminium look interior trim( dont they all have that?)
Ashtray and cigar lighter
ASC+t
Electric front windows
Hight Availible drivers seat
Leather stearing wheel/gear knob
16" x-lite alloy wheels with 195/55 tyres
Multi link rear axle
Radio WAVE
Rev counter
Sports seats
Sports suspension plus

That is what your 14'500 gets you. however, BMW are releasing a first batch of cars with only two spec levels which cant officially be altered. and the choice of only two colours; EB and DS. One spec level comes in at 15,700, the other comes with everything and comes in at approx 19,500! I saw the details in the dealer's folder! the 15'700 comes with xenon headlamps, manual air con., and a generally good spec. the other one has everything you can get, but its a bit out of my price range!!! but if you've got the money!
S Alu dash is 'patina' effect rather than normal effect (!?)

Are the std seats cloth/leather or cloth?

Looks like you don't get std aircon or Boost CD player:(

What about airbags - Do you get the full set (6 I think) as std?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think I'd like a basic spec S, maybe with larger alloys, no sunroof etc finished in Dk Silver (all over) with painted wheel arches.
I see BMW have dropped the light metallic green (fern is it?), and the solid black, so they're sure to be fairly rare colours in the future.
My local dealer has a metallic black Cooper with the 17" alloys, and on it they have put the clear rear indicator sets on, looks pretty cool, and these are available from the parts dept.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: Got the brochure today

Don't mind the "everything" at £19,500 spec, but not fussed on the "exclusive" colours (which won't be very exclusive as most S will be EB or DS). Any idea when the other colours will be available?

I'm no. 13 on my dealer's list, so they'll probably be doing all the colours by the time they get to mine!

·
Registered
186 Posts
madmancooper said:
Got the brochure today,

BMW are releasing a first batch of cars with only two spec levels which cant officially be altered. and the choice of only two colours; EB and DS. One spec level comes in at 15,700, the other comes with everything and comes in at approx 19,500! I saw the details in the dealer's folder! the 15'700 comes with xenon headlamps, manual air con., and a generally good spec. the other one has everything you can get, but its a bit out of my price range!!! but if you've got the money!
Hey Madman?

Didnt happen to see what else the 15,700 spec cars had did you ?

im after

upgrade to 17s
H/K System
Trip Computer
Cruise Control Steering Wheel
Maybe the leather
Interior Lights (assuming MINIs dont come with any)
Sunroof
And maybe the rain sensor cos im lazy :D

If they dont come with these then looks like im gonna have to wait till they allow me to order it like this :mad:

Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not sure DNG

Letter i received with my brochure said something along the lines of

"we thought youd appreciate seeing the brochure before we supply it to dealership requests"

or something like that :D

Which is nice :D :D :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I saw the same spec lists. IIRC, the EB car (the cheaper one) had the standard 16" wheels, manual aircon, and *maybe* the sunroof (I can't remember). The DS car has absolutely everything.

As I posted elsewhere, the first 2 or 3 customer cars at each dealership (available on the launch day in June) will be EB or DS, with similar options to the dealer cars only :(

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
You should be contacting your dealers too, they have the information.

:)

The Dark Silver/Black S has got pretty much EVERYTHING, SatNav, 17", Climate etc etc....

The Blue has manual aircon, no sunroof, white roof, CD and Boost, CD Prep, white x-lite alloys (the standard) and all the standard Cooper S stuff.

That's about all I can recall now.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Questions on UK Cooper S

1. Does anyone have an idea when the first specced cars will be delivered?
  2. Does anyone have an idea when we have to place our order?
  3. Does the brochure list the options available?
  4. If so does it list the contents of the chilli and the sports package?
  5. Does it give prices?
    [/list=1]

Sorry if these have been answered before.

Cheers

LMB:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: Questions on UK Cooper S

With our brochure we got a printout of the dealer webpage:

1. It says launch day cars are to pre-spec, inferring that any later ones are to customer spec.

2. Full spec ordering starts mid-March.

3. Options are in the brochure.

4. Doesn't mention chilli or sports.

5. No prices.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
You should be contacting your dealers too, they have the information.

:)

The Dark Silver/Black S has got pretty much EVERYTHING, SatNav, 17", Climate etc etc....

The Blue has manual aircon, no sunroof, white roof, CD and Boost, CD Prep, white x-lite alloys (the standard) and all the standard Cooper S stuff.

That's about all I can recall now.
So you were correct about the first UK cars being pre-spec'ed Paul !. Bummer !!

I'm glad BMW didn't decide to go that way here. Mind you we don't know what the full oz spec will be yet. Hopefully BMW Australia won't spring any suprises. Supposed to be the end of this month for full oz specs to be released. If you guys are getting brochures now, we might be safe to hold our breaths here.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I asked my Oz dealer on Friday 18th about pre-specced 'S' Coopers and he said that apart from the 1 or 2 demo models all deliveries would be to customer order. As far as he knows, but they are all now being brought up to date with the 'S'.

eltel

·
Registered
668 Posts
RE: Pre-spec

What they're doing in the UK is saying that all cars ordered for launch day are to a spec to match the demonstrators. That is, either EB with a few options, or DS absolutely loaded. After that, I believe it's a free for all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
AER
Just to clarify. In my S brochure they have dropped the metallic cosmos black, the solid black is still an option. I think this will be the best option without having to fork out extra for the paint colour!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts