MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I saw a picture of the new Mini Cooper Convertible on Sunday 10/31. On Monday 11/1 I was at the dealer checking them out. (which just happens to be 4 minutes from my house!) On Tuesday 11/2, I exercised my right to vote and then bought my (our) first Mini! What a beauty - Chili Red with a Black Soft Top!

I'm told I'll need to drive it a bit, get a feel for its (her/his?) personality and then name it. Wow.... I never named a car before but I hear this is no "car" - it's a Cooper!

The fun begins this Friday when we pick it up! I'll keep you posted.... Jersey Girl

·
Registered
401 Posts
wow

You ordered a Mini and your getting it a week later? Wow thats lucky what dealer was this? Mine took 3 months.

Howard

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Wow. I just got really confused. Theres another MINI2er, Jerseygirl I think is her user name and she has one of the most beautiful MCSs I've ever seen. I panicked thinking she was selling it!!

Congrats on the Convertible order! Chili Red is a great choice ;) Thats really impressive that you didn't have a long wait. Congrats again :D

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
howardpm said:
You ordered a Mini and your getting it a week later? Wow thats lucky what dealer was this? Mine took 3 months.

Howard
I am assuming she bought one off the lot :)

Both of our local dealers have had MCCs and MCSCs available for immediate sale. They are either "dealer" cars alloted for test drives and demonstration or incoming "orphaned" cars that their owners backed out of. I have had three opportunities for MCSCs over the last three weeks, unfortunately they have all lacked heated seats which I have decided I cannot live without! Two were Hyper Blue and one was Pure Silver.

No markup over MSRP, either!

-Steve

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Jersey Girl said:
Hi All,

I saw a picture of the new Mini Cooper Convertible on Sunday 10/31. On Monday 11/1 I was at the dealer checking them out. (which just happens to be 4 minutes from my house!) On Tuesday 11/2, I exercised my right to vote and then bought my (our) first Mini! What a beauty - Chili Red with a Black Soft Top!

I'm told I'll need to drive it a bit, get a feel for its (her/his?) personality and then name it. Wow.... I never named a car before but I hear this is no "car" - it's a Cooper!

The fun begins this Friday when we pick it up! I'll keep you posted.... Jersey Girl
Wow, 4 minutes from your nearest MINI dealer!

How have you managed to hold out until now?

I'm glad (or, at least, my bank account is) that my nearest dealer is a fairly safe 25 miles away.

Anyway, enjoy your MINI ! Give yourself plenty of time when you go to pick it up so that the hand over isn't rushed. Adopting a MINI is a very serious business, you know.

Nice choice of colour!

Tigger

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Jersey Girl, welcome and congrats on the new convertible! Wish I had a short a wait as you have...but the wait was worth it. I have had my Cooper S convertible for 10 days now.
If you are interested in getting together with some NY/NJ/CT MINI owners or just chatting about your MINI, there is a local club. It can be found at www.newyorkmini.org
Hope to see you at some of the meets. And again congrats.

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Jersey Girl!

Welcome! I'm in Suffern. Been driving an S since 02. My MCSC was built on 10/25, and I'm waiting...and every day I pass the same color (albeit a Cooper) in the Prestige lot and grip the wheel a little harder. I can't wait!

Now, wanna break your new MINI in during some cold weather driving? (I get the feeling I'm starting to sound rather one dimensional on all these boards)

David
DUCTTAPE

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats on your colour choice (well, and car choice too of course!). I've had my Red convertible since July of this year and still think Red is THE colour for the mini convertible. Just looks so bright and cheerful 1st thing in the morning!

Although I have a choice of 4 other cars to drive, the Mini has been driven pretty much every day since I got it, and only left at home when I need something bigger to move children/stuff around in.

The only problems I have had have all been minor, and all dealt with promptly by the local Mini dealer, with lots of phone calls to check if I am happy from BMW UK head office - so, I'm pretty impressed.

Have fun, and enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks For All The Good Wishes - 55 minutes to pickup!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the good wishes! Only 55 minutes until my husband and I pickup the MMC. I'll keep you posted.

This car was at the dealer in Mahwah, NJ and it was loaded with all the goodies - including heated seats! It sounds like we were very lucky to get the car we wanted with all the accoutrements so quickly based on the wait times I've read some people have for a MCC.

We paid the sticker. No negotiations.

We look forward to meeting many of you who are located in the NY/NJ/CT area at future mini get-togethers!

Bye for now... Jersey Girl

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
There is no negotiating in New York. I've bought 3, no deals.

However, they more than make up for it in service.

Say Hi to Augie, and tell him you are looking for a 2002 Cooper S, loaded and sup'ed, does he know where he could buy one to sell a friend of yours? The friend wants to pay top dollar, too :)

See you around. Don't forget to wave!
d

·
fun fun fun!
206 Posts
we went there to look but we ended up buying at morristown becasue of the wait time at mawah.
we would ahev gotten the car until january. but now our car is alreayd on the ship!!
we happened to order the same specs so far from waht you said.! (except for S)

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Jersey Girl said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the good wishes! Only 55 minutes until my husband and I pickup the MMC. I'll keep you posted.

This car was at the dealer in Mahwah, NJ and it was loaded with all the goodies - including heated seats! It sounds like we were very lucky to get the car we wanted with all the accoutrements so quickly based on the wait times I've read some people have for a MCC.

We paid the sticker. No negotiations.

We look forward to meeting many of you who are located in the NY/NJ/CT area at future mini get-togethers!

Bye for now... Jersey Girl
Jersey Girl

I assume that you must have the MINI now and are out and about in it.

Please remember to stop driving it, just occasionally, and get back on this site with some photos of it!

Hope you are enjoying it lots.

Tigger.

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Well? Huh? Are ya gonna tell us?

I remember when I first got my S, in 2002, I had that stupid grin on my face for weeks. Now, it's still there, but it is interupted by other emotions occassionally. But in the begining...

Are we going to get a review?

I sold my 2002 S on eBay last night, so no more hurdles for me, except the final 3 week wait, for my cabriol!

The, weeks and weeks again of the stupid grin. I can't wait.

d

·
Registered
691 Posts
You can't help but be happy driving a MINI in Jersey. As a native, I know. When I go up to visit the relatives (I've moved "down South") I always get a lot of positive feedback on the Jersey Shore--people are friendlier than I remember and gawk at red lights or down on the circuit near the boardwalk (hey, I grew up in Asbury...you'd think I'd have a Trans Am...).

And Red--excellent choice. I saw my first red MCSC this past weekend. I pulled up next to it in a parking lot in my MC40 and thought, "Deja vu, all over again...without a top!"

Beautiful car--enjoy!

justbob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.