MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Cooper S on the roads in Slough today. Reg OV51 ORY I think it was.

The car was all black and had parking distance control on it. It also had the American corner markers fitted. He tried to gun away up the Farnham Road but a quick snik down on the gearbox saw me keeping up with him over the railway bridge which was surprising. Maybe it was a Cooper dressed up like an S. Who knows?

Unfortunatly I had to turn off to go to work so I didn't see where it went.

I believe it had Holloway Autoparts on the number plate as well.

Anyone know this car or seen it before?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Strange you should mention this, I've just seen a red/white with white x-lites Cooper S this morning, on the A322 going into Bracknell, Berks.

What do think is going on? The only thing I can think of is that maybe they are doing some sort of testing or press thing at the TRL (transport research lab) in Crowthorne!

Looked very nice, although very dirty. Still prefer the Cooper though due to the chrome.

·
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one was very dirty too but going in totally the wrong direction for Crowthorne. I agree the S needs chrome. It looks too understated. The exhaust looks sh... rubbish as well:D

Either a large single round or an oval would look much nicer. Those twin pipes are too small.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Ginge said:
This one was very dirty too but going in totally the wrong direction for Crowthorne. I agree the S needs chrome. It looks too understated. The exhaust looks sh... rubbish as well:D

Either a large single round or an oval would look much nicer. Those twin pipes are too small.
I LOVE it..........:)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ginge said:
hi ginge

im not sure but i might have seen that exact car before- but it was in milton keynes shopping centre, it was all black and the exhausts weren't chrome- they were like normal steel... does that ring any bells oh it was left hand drive as well

mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
Careful Ginge - last time I suggested I had indulged in a little street racing on here, the whole forum came down on me like a ton of bricks!
Has to be said...I didn't just keep up either - I won! Mind you, it wasn't an S I was racing...
So - Grow up Ginge and drive at the speed limit ALL the time ;) ;) ;) :eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
JV said:
Careful Ginge - last time I suggested I had indulged in a little street racing on here, the whole forum came down on me like a ton of bricks!
Has to be said...I didn't just keep up either - I won! Mind you, it wasn't an S I was racing...
So - Grow up Ginge and drive at the speed limit ALL the time ;) ;) ;) :eek:
yeh and stop jumping the lights JV! :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Who??? ME???!!!???
I NEVER do that...well...not much, but you have to admit, in a street race with no marshalls it pretty much guarantees you a win if you go when the lights are still red. Not to be advised on busy junctions mind you...
Last time I was in a car which jumped a red was when my Dad was rushing off to A&E with me two weeks ago when I was suddenly taken ill....hmmm...off topic.....me??? With my reputation?

·
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey JV who said I broke the speed limit??? Yes they were kinda steely looking exhausts and I did think it was a left hooker but I couldn't really tell. Although I think it's only LHD's that come with the corner markers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Isnt BMW HQ in Bracknell?

Dave

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Did the driver have a huge grin on his face like this :D :D :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dohhh, oh yeh forgot about that. Just up the road from my house, you should have told me Paul and I'd have popped along for a looksey!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Was he running it in still i.e. can't exceed 4500rpm?
Maybe the 'S' should look a little understated, a bit like the first 'S', looks very much like the std offering until you put your foot down. Won't be long before you can get a single centre exhaust to replace those 2 outlets.

·
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't going too far past 5K anyway. I reckon had we decided to really boot it he would have beaten me it was more of a quick blast up the road before I had to turn off for work.

If I see it again I will follow it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts