MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Im looking at having the Janspeed Manifold from Lohen fitted to my Cooper :D. My Cooper has the JCW sound kit fitted. Was wondering if anyone else has this manifold fitted. What sort of performnce gains should i get?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had it on my S.... It was by far my favourite mod.. HUGE torque increase and made it sound superb ( mine was paired with a Milltek cat-back).. Some might not like how loud it actually makes the car - I think yours will be pretty loud with it though because you already have the sound kit...

This is what mine sounded like..

Mine was de-cat so that makes it louder than having the sports cat, but I think anyone who has a manifold change will agree that it makes the car a lot louder!!

Great mod though, as I said before, it was my favourite mod on my S by a mile. You wont regret it at all :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
your car will "feel" quicker. and sound amazing. Alot of the "feel" will come from the sound. Main thing is you will "feel" good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies, think the manifold is definatly going to be done next. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
you wont get anywhere near the torque increase that you will on the S, will give the cooper a bit more, will sound much better though, only proper way to gain on the cooper is the head (and that point it becomes cheaper to buy an S)

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
you wont get anywhere near the torque increase that you will on the S, will give the cooper a bit more, will sound much better though, only proper way to gain on the cooper is the head (and that point it becomes cheaper to buy an S)
I have to agree with James :) Head and Cams are the only way to go and maybe a used MCS manifold.

·
Registered
460 Posts
with the cooper its better to spend the least you can as that was usually gives the best, avoid stuff like throttle bodies and induction kits waste of money (i dont sell them for a reason)

my way with a cooper is this

stage 1: ditch the runflats and better lower wishbone bushes, panel filter, decent brake pads, m7 strut brace) and 5.1 fluid

(lines dont make that much difference having run lines with and without 5.1 i can safely say its the fluid)

stage 2: uprated rear anti roll bar, cam and manifold (manifold before cat back as thats where the power gains are)

stage 3: coil overs and rear control arms

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tuning tips. Im not expecting massive power gains from the manifold, as you say the main power gains can be achieved by replacing the head. Before having the JCW sound kit fitted I had the Alta panel filter, think that was the best filter for the cooper.
Will keep you all posted on the Janspeed when its fitted;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts