MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a little question: I have recently bought a second hand Janspeed Manifold on here.
My freind who is a mechanic was going to fit it for me today but after closer inspection he realised that fitting the original cat will not work wih this manifold.
The only way to fit it would be to use the de-cat pipe...this he has been advised could cause all sorts of problems to the engine management system and set off error codes etc..

Also he had noticed that some of the boltholes (maybe) slightly different?
The Manifold came from a 53 plate MCS my one is a 02 plate.

Has anybody fitted a Janspeed using the standard mini cat, have you got any information for me to proceed and have this Manifold fitted??
Thanks so much for any help.
Dean

·
MiniTorque*****
1,072 Posts
Hi All,
I have a little question: I have recently bought a second hand Janspeed Manifold on here.
My freind who is a mechanic was going to fit it for me today but after closer inspection he realised that fitting the original cat will not work wih this manifold.
The only way to fit it would be to use the de-cat pipe...this he has been advised could cause all sorts of problems to the engine management system and set off error codes etc..

Also he had noticed that some of the boltholes (maybe) slightly different?
The Manifold came from a 53 plate MCS my one is a 02 plate.

Has anybody fitted a Janspeed using the standard mini cat, have you got any information for me to proceed and have this Manifold fitted??
Thanks so much for any help.
Dean
If it's a janspeed de-cat pipe then you're fine, the only code it will set off is the PO4020 code which is just 'Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold'. I've run de-cat for the past 12 months, the only issue you'll have is come MOT time but just get your mate to fit the stock manifold for the MOT and job done.

To get rid of error codes just buy a scangauge, there is currently a group buy on one here: ScanGauge II - Mini Torque

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your help and reply! Regards, Dean

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's a janspeed de-cat pipe then you're fine, the only code it will set off is the PO4020 code which is just 'Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold'. I've run de-cat for the past 12 months, the only issue you'll have is come MOT time but just get your mate to fit the stock manifold for the MOT and job done.

To get rid of error codes just buy a scangauge, there is currently a group buy on one here: ScanGauge II - Mini Torque
Hi, Thats good news. How did you find the runing of the engine, any changes? fuel consumption?

Did you find it very loud? I already have a twin side exits exhaust custom made which is quiet loud..really dont want to go any louder :)

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
It runs fine, just the engine shaped orange light comes on for the o2 sensor post cat. This can be cleared easlity with the rihgt tool. Stock cat wont go it. Either buy a Janspeed or GTT cat to fit, or a GTT decat pipe (this fits the janspped i believe)

Like above you'll probably ned a cat in to get through the MOT, but my car passed an mot immissions test with no actual cat left insode the cat tube!

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
have ran de-cat, with a miltech its not for the shy, but not a bad sound, worth a try to see if you like it

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Yeah my GTT (virtually same as Janspeed) and milly combo (with the cat in!) is very very loud!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here's mine, Milltek catback with Janspeed/GTT manifold on a Mini One.
It's freaking loud. The video shows the great tone it makes but not really the lairy noise!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Again thanks so much for your input and replies!! Having the Janspeed Mani fitted tomorrow morning to finally abolish the squeeking noise coming from the OEM flexi section. Cant wait to feel the difference :)

I was told by the seller of the Mani that as long as the o2 sensor is fitted to the compensator built into the janspeed manifold there are no lights that come on the dash...here`s hoping :)

Does anybody know where there is a cheaper place to get a sports Cat from Janspeed want £300+

Dean

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
I was told by the seller of the Mani that as long as the o2 sensor is fitted to the compensator built into the janspeed manifold there are no lights that come on the dash...here`s hoping :)
Did the above hold out to be true?

Have you got it all fitted now?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Janspeed 2-way cat???

I am looking at a used Janspeed Manifold but the guy said it is with a 2 way cat converter. He said that he bought it from the UK. Did it always come or optioned with 2 way cat? I thought 2 way cats were dead since the mid 80s?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts