MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't find a thread for the January 2005 production group, so I thought that I'd go ahead and start a new one...

I just received a production number for my new January build MCS (week #1). Here are the specs:

2005 Hyper Blue/Black MCS
Convenience Package (new for 01/05)
Premium Package
Sport Package with 17" Web-Spoke Wheels (new for 01/05)
Limited Slip Differential (new for 01/05)
Rear Fog Lamp (new for 11/04)
Heated Front Seats (didn't want the heated mirrors/nozzles in the Comfort Package)
Black Leatherette Seats
Chrome Line Interior
Hyper Blue Interior Surfaces
Anthracite Headliner
Navigation System
H/K Sound System

EDIT (12/10/2004): Updated my spec! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I placed an order for my MCS this weekend just gone. Haven't received a number for it yet from my dealer. I'll post my spec later.

Here starts the waiting.......

·
All White
468 Posts
Glad to see this thread, makes it seem a bit closer.

Replacing my 2002 Mini One with the following:

PW Cooper
Body colour roof
Chilli pack
Alloy patina dash
Anthracite headliner
Wave radio (to be swapped for Blaupunkt DAB54)
MFSW
Manual Aircon
Chrome-line interior
Asc
Fin alloys (but hope to get dealer to switch them for xlites)
Red cloth/leather (heated) seats
Red interior
Xenons

Due to be built in week 01/05 for delivery mid Jan. Supposed to be delivered to dealer around the 12th. At least I don't have to wait for a ship to cross the Atlantic!

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just got my production number this week and it is on order....no production date yet...
its a

MC
pure silver metallic body
black roof
Anthracite trim
auto transmission CVT
navigation system
premium package
sports package
rain sensor + auto dimming mirrow
universal garage door opener
xenon headlights
black leatherette
$24,550 MSRP

i was told that the convience package wasnt available.......so wonder if that means a december production date???

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey, just wanted to welcome you guys. I'm actually picking up my MCSC on Monday and I gotta say that tracking through your production and delivery is quite enjoyable, although at times a bit frustrating. The group here on MINI2 is awesome and has been my sanity while I waited during the last three months. Enjoy the process, and enjoy your vehicles when they arrive!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also have my production number. My MCS will be produced the second week of '05.

Here is the spec.:

paint
Chili Red Body Color
Body Color Roof/Mirrors

package
Cold Weather Package
Heated Front Seats
Heated Side Mirrors and Washer Jets
Premium Package
Automatic AC
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
On-Board Computer
3-Spoke w/Cruise and Multifunction
Sport Package
Dynamic Stability Control
Front Fog Lamps
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
17" S-Lites (Run Flat All-Seasons)
No Bonnet Stripes

performance
Sport Suspension Plus
Limited Slip Differential
Rear Fog Lamp
6-Speed Getrag Manual

cockpit
Sport Seats
Leather: Panther Black
Int. Surface Anthracite
Anthracite Headliner
Cockpit Chrono Pack
On-Board Computer
8-Spkr. Harman Kardon Sound System

accessory**
"S" Rubber Floor Mats (front)
"S" Rubber Floor Mats (boot)
Black Rubber Floor Mat (back)
Auxiliary Audio Input

AND....I'm getting the 17" Bullet Wheels!!! Will be selling my S-Lites in Mentor, Ohio when I take delivery...of course I have to find a buyer!

I think we'll be having fun some time in the second or third week of Feb. '05.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hoserland said:
i was told that the convience package wasnt available.......so wonder if that means a december production date???
Yes, the new Convenience Package option is ONLY available for January and later production slots. Thus, if your MA told you it wasn't available for your order, then perhaps you did indeed get a December production slot. If you really want the Convenience Package (which offers the new auto-on headlight option), then you should just ask your MA to move you to a January production slot instead (although he/she might not be too happy doing that since you already received your production number). While it's not 100% confirmed, there is the possiblilty that the January builds will bring some other "standard" changes to the MINI as well (such as an increased washer fluid capacity with low fluid warning light, re-positioned clock, etc.).

Congrats on your order...

·
Registered
10 Posts
TheOfficeMaven said:
. If you really want the Convenience Package (which offers the new auto-on headlight option), then you should just ask your MA to move you to a January production slot instead (although he/she might not be too happy doing that since you already received your production number).
the auto dimming rear view mirror is what im missing out on in the convenience package for the same cost....which seriously i doubt i really will use it...as long as i get my mini faster....screw that dimming rear view mirror....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just got a production number for this, my second MINI S.

Black/White
Sports Package
LSD
Chrono Pack
Black Leather
Alloy Patina

The wait begins....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Andromcs said:
So it seems the waiting gets harder the closer you get to delivery!
Yup!

Amazing. It was a year ago this week I got my production number for my January, 2004 build MCS. Delivered in February in Los Angeles (Long Beach Mini). I had been on the MSPR waiting list for a year - just as predicted.

The most "painful" period is still to come for you folks. After it's built, and you know it's really on it's way. The weeks waiting out the delivery are just agony. But it's all worth it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got my number yesterday. Looking forward to my first MINI.

2005 Cooper

Hyper Blue
Body Roof/Mirrors

Convenience Package
Sports Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package

Anthracite Trim/Headliner
Rear Fog Lamps
Navigation System
Xenon Headlights

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just put in my order, how long does it take to get a production number? :green:

2005 MCS BGR/B - Tartan Red interior w/ Anthracite headliner
Premium and Sport packages w/ LSD
Chromeline exterior and interior

·
Registered
73 Posts
pk_lonestar said:

It takes a couple of days. Your motoring advisor ought to be able to get you one fairly quickly.

Another question for the January group: once you get a production number, how long does it take to get an assigned production date? (I don't have one yet and am a bit anxious about it.)

Cheers.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JiminVirginia said:
Another question for the January group: once you get a production number, how long does it take to get an assigned production date? (I don't have one yet and am a bit anxious about it.)
My production number was given to me on the 18th of November (for an early Jan 05 build MCS) and I also have not yet been signed a production date. The OL tells me that my car is "On Order", but when I call the 1-866-ASK-MINI number, the automated voice tells me that my car is "scheduled for production with no confirmed production date". Thus, I'd say that we won't get a confirmed production date (and a VIN) for another week or so (i.e. until it gets a bit closer to January).

The thing that gets me a wondering is that for quite a while now the factory has been running a week or two ahead of schedule with the building of cars. I wonder how they are going to handle this with the new Jan 05 specs? I guess that any orders they have that don't require the new additions to the Jan 05 specs will be put in front of those that do (e.g. if you didn't order LSD, Convenience Package, etc. then you'd be moved to the front of the line so they can keep ahead of schedule). Who knows, but I'm sure they'll work it out as it's their job after all. :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
JiminVirginia said:
pk_lonestar said:

It takes a couple of days. Your motoring advisor ought to be able to get you one fairly quickly.

Cheers.
I don't know how, but when my MA gave me my production number, she also told me my production week would be the second week in January. Ask your MA!

·
Registered
73 Posts
TheOfficeMaven said:
The thing that gets me a wondering is that for quite a while now the factory has been running a week or two ahead of schedule with the building of cars. I wonder how they are going to handle this with the new Jan 05 specs? I guess that any orders they have that don't require the new additions to the Jan 05 specs will be put in front of those that do (e.g. if you didn't order LSD, Convenience Package, etc. then you'd be moved to the front of the line so they can keep ahead of schedule). Who knows, but I'm sure they'll work it out as it's their job after all. :D
That's interesting. If the factory has been running ahead, I'm encouraged I'll get it built sooner rather than later in the month. But it is specified with an LSD, so there may be other dynamics involved. If fact, I wonder if those of us with LSDs will stay in "production date limbo" longer than other folks. We'll see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm getting my MCS with an LSD and my MA told me that I am scheduled for a first week in Jan build. I'm only hoping that there isn't too much New Years drinking and hangovers going on in the production line!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
My MA tells me production is scheduled for the first week of January, too.

Maybe this plethora of first week builds reflects the fact that the factory is ahead of schedule.

Good news anyhow.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 338 Posts