MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 338 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Just got a production number for this, my second MINI S.

Black/White
Sports Package
LSD
Chrono Pack
Black Leather
Alloy Patina

The wait begins....

· Registered
78 Posts
pk_lonestar said:
Just put in my order, how long does it take to get a production number? :green:

It takes a couple of days. Your motoring advisor ought to be able to get you one fairly quickly.

Another question for the January group: once you get a production number, how long does it take to get an assigned production date? (I don't have one yet and am a bit anxious about it.)

Cheers.

· Registered
78 Posts
TheOfficeMaven said:
The thing that gets me a wondering is that for quite a while now the factory has been running a week or two ahead of schedule with the building of cars. I wonder how they are going to handle this with the new Jan 05 specs? I guess that any orders they have that don't require the new additions to the Jan 05 specs will be put in front of those that do (e.g. if you didn't order LSD, Convenience Package, etc. then you'd be moved to the front of the line so they can keep ahead of schedule). Who knows, but I'm sure they'll work it out as it's their job after all. :D
That's interesting. If the factory has been running ahead, I'm encouraged I'll get it built sooner rather than later in the month. But it is specified with an LSD, so there may be other dynamics involved. If fact, I wonder if those of us with LSDs will stay in "production date limbo" longer than other folks. We'll see.

· Registered
78 Posts
My MA tells me production is scheduled for the first week of January, too.

Maybe this plethora of first week builds reflects the fact that the factory is ahead of schedule.

Good news anyhow.

Cheers.

· Registered
78 Posts
Petey said:
If you have OCD like me, you can track your MINI's journey from Southampton (once you have your VIN) via:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

My hyper blue MCSC was built on January 12, and from this site I saw it is to be loaded onto the sea-worthy Trianon on the 18th, with arrival in New York on the 26th...and hopefully up to my dealer in New Jersey by February 1! Woo-Hoo!!

Petey
My MCS is with Petey's. It's best that we check back at the WW web site on Wednesday to make sure that the Trianon sailed and that our cars were actually on it. And then let's hope we don't get held up at the VPC for more than a day or two.

· Registered
78 Posts
JiminVirginia said:
My MCS is with Petey's. It's best that we check back at the WW web site on Wednesday to make sure that the Trianon sailed and that our cars were actually on it. And then let's hope we don't get held up at the VPC for more than a day or two.
Well the Trianon has sailed. And another ship. And one more today. Hope our cars were on one of them. I'll check using my VIN later. ;)

· Registered
78 Posts
djbohne said:
I'm just wondering.. on the OL, in my order details, It has everything on there, but the one thing it doesn't say is my white roof? does it detail that out? on the order form I approved from the dealer had the white roof on it, but just want to know if it's supposed to say that I'm getting a white roof? anybody know if it's supposed to be on there? let me know..I can still call and get it changed...
My order details also fail to mention the white roof I'm supposed to get. I think this is common: they don't always get all the details right on the OL. I'm not going to worry about it.

BTW, I notice that the WW site lists my car as having been loaded on board the Trianon, and the Trianon has sailed, so I guess this means I'm on the high seas.

There seem to be a lot of ships destined for the east coast but not nearly as many sailing for the west coast, near as I can tell. I hope this doesn't leave a lot of you in Southampton waiting for a ride.

· Registered
78 Posts
Aha! My car, built Jan 10, was "discharged" off the Trianon at the Port of New York and New Jersey on Saturday, according to the WW web site.....along with cars belonging to a bunch of the rest of you, I'm sure.

Hopefully we'll see them in about 10 days or so.

· Registered
78 Posts
Well, FWIW, my car arrived at the dealer in Sterling, VA last Friday, Feb 4, and I took delivery Tuesday.

So for anyone tracking the typical timing on an order through the delaer system, and discovering this thread in a future search:

I ordered Nov 15
Got my production number Nov 22
Car was built Jan 10
Shipped Jan 18
Arrived NY Jan 26
Arrived dealer Feb 4
Delivery Feb 8

Twelve weeks total, east coast delivery

The MINIUSA.COM Owner's Lounge kept up pretty well but trailed 1-888-275-ASKMINI by about a week throughout. The Lounge had several order details wrong, but the car arrived built fully to my specs, so it didn't matter.

The dealer, MINI of Sterling, was painless to deal with and very efficient.

All in all a good experience. I will post a review of the car when I have pics.

I will have to change my sig. Anyone want to buy a used 2003 MCS?

Cheers,

Jim :)

1 - 9 of 338 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.