MINI Cooper Forum banner
321 - 338 of 338 Posts

· nathanjbrown
16 Posts
I had to distance myself from the Mini2 forums for a while in order to not go completely crazy with anticipation! BUT...

The time has come. I was on the phone with my MA today when eight semi trucks pulled up in front of his dealership. Our new Mini has finally arrived!

It landed at the dealership today (Thursday) around noon...I'm picking it up Friday around 4:00pm. Nice and quick!

Unfortunately, with every grain of good news there is some bad news to keep the world in balance. My house was broken into yesterday while my wife and I were at work. They made off with a bunch of little things (spare change, cash, iPod, PDA), some VERY sentimental things (family heirlooms), and BOTH of my digital cameras.

SO, no pictures to post for a while, I'm very sorry to say.

I'm hoping that the Mini will wash away this feeling of violation and shine the bright light of HIGH-SPEED HAPPINESS upon us once again.

I'll let you know...

Nathan

· Which way to the twisties
135 Posts
Don't ya just want to ...

nathanjbrown said:
I had to distance myself from the Mini2 forums for a while in order to not go completely crazy with anticipation! BUT...

The time has come. I was on the phone with my MA today when eight semi trucks pulled up in front of his dealership. Our new Mini has finally arrived!

It landed at the dealership today (Thursday) around noon...I'm picking it up Friday around 4:00pm. Nice and quick!

Unfortunately, with every grain of good news there is some bad news to keep the world in balance. My house was broken into yesterday while my wife and I were at work. They made off with a bunch of little things (spare change, cash, iPod, PDA), some VERY sentimental things (family heirlooms), and BOTH of my digital cameras.

SO, no pictures to post for a while, I'm very sorry to say.

I'm hoping that the Mini will wash away this feeling of violation and shine the bright light of HIGH-SPEED HAPPINESS upon us once again.

I'll let you know...

Nathan
Smash the [email protected]# out of someone? Time to instal wireless webcams!

· nathanjbrown
16 Posts
OUR BABY HAS ARRIVED!

MCSa, Dark Silver, Black Top, and a WHOLE LOTTA KICK! My wife spent the day driving while I worked...Tomorrow is road trip day! We're gonna put the miles on as quickly as we possibly can...

I can't wait to start adding a bit more personality (carbon fiber hood scoop, upcoming JCW kit for automatics, driving lamps, aftermarket in-dash DVD/CD/GPS, rims other than the S-Lites...and many more to break the bank)!

As mentioned above, my camera was recently stolen...So I'll have my father in law take a few shots when we show up at his house tomorrow afternoon. I'll post em later in my gallery.

OUT MOTORING!

Nathan

· Where'd that go...
39 Posts
Arrived- sorta...

Get this- my MA calls me Friday afternoon to tell me my MCSC has been unloaded as of that morning, but-

Service is closed over the weekend and they didn't get to it by EOD.

The rest of the dodads can't be scheduled until it clears some 'inspection'. LoJack install, chrome mirror caps, blah, blah, blah....

I was there TWICE this weekend, even got to play with it a bit, but no release 'til Tuesday. Why do I torture myself like this!?!

My MA was sympathetic enough, but not enough to let me test drive!

Snapped some pic, tho... will post in a minute or so :cool:

Am I the last one in here? Anyone else waiting from this group?

Soon to MOTOR!

B9

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
beaufort9 said:
Jeez 44 hours to go untill pickup! Wooohooooooo!!!!!!! :p

B9 :)
Wow! That's an awesome looking car. I really love the beige leather interior on black MINIs.

Congrats on (almost) getting your new MINI. I feel your pain though as I've been waiting forever for mine (it's been a long sad story :( ). My MINI has actually been sitting on the dealer's lot for nearly two weeks now and there's no info in site as to when I'll ever be able to pick it up. I did get to test drive mine though and let me tell you that it only made things worse as I want it even more now. Thus, you should count your blessings that your MA wouldn't let you drive it. Otherwise you'd probably be sleeping on the dealer's lot with it :D.

· Where'd that go...
39 Posts
True...

Thanks OfficeMaven, I like that combo too.

I only have to think of your story to put some perspective on my wait. Sorrry to hear that the saga continues. You will see your day soon!

I know I've made it rough on myself by 'spoiling the suprise', but the wait is over tomorrow. I'll be worthless at work...

:blblack:
B9

· Registered
54 Posts
IT'S MINE! ALL MINE!! :D

If you've noticed that lull in my posting activity, it's cause I've been burning through that first tank of fuel. WHAT A KICK!! Pictures coming soon....maybe...after I drive it some more. :p

41 weeks from deposit to delivery, and worth every second....

Hang in there, OfficeMaven! I appreciate all the info you've provided throught this expereience!

· Registered
82 Posts
B9

Congratulatulations on the arrival of your new baby. I am sure that I have seen one very similar to yours, however it had the steering wheel on the correct side!! I am sure that you will have asmuch fun as I am having.

Mine is well and truly run-in now with 1900 miles on the clock. I even managed a motorway run at 1.30am on sunday, with the roof down - it was -1C, people must have thought i was mad, but I did get some admiring glances at the filling station when I was filling it up. Oh get used to filling it up! You will be doing that alot!

Enjoy the motoring, and don't forget to post some more pics in the convertible section.

Matt

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
05HB said:
IT'S MINE! ALL MINE!! :D

If you've noticed that lull in my posting activity, it's cause I've been burning through that first tank of fuel. WHAT A KICK!! Pictures coming soon....maybe...after I drive it some more. :p

41 weeks from deposit to delivery, and worth every second....

Hang in there, OfficeMaven! I appreciate all the info you've provided throught this expereience!
Congrats! I'm glad to hear that you got your car and are really enjoying it. I can't wait to see the upcoming pictures. :cool:

Thanks for the encouragement! ;)

· Registered
24 Posts
another new owner!

I picked mine up at the WONDERFUL!!! sandia mini in albuquerque new mexico, and 1500 miles 4 mountain ranges and 3 tanks of gas later she is home in seattle. I drove a 300 zx before and this is just as fun! i didn't see another mini till i hit western washington where i saw 3 on I-90 alone. So for everyone still waiting, -- absence makes the heart grow fonder! the only problem i had was my dad would never let me drive. exept on the long straight stuff.

Attachments

· MINI2 Regular
13 Posts
Hello all. I certainly hope everyone is enjoying their MINI as much as I am. What a fantastic car! I just put up a post in the Faults/Fixes section but thought I'd run it by any of you who might still be monitoring MINI2 and see if this might be something unique to January,05 build MINIs? Here it is:

"I have a Jan,05 build MC with no sunroof. The best description I can come up with is that the crackling noise sounds similar to when there's a light rain falling and the drops are hitting the windshield. Very intermittent but seems to crop up mostly on moderately rough road surfaces, but not consistently. Curious what fixes any of you have found, and whether there's any consensus on what the fix is for this. Need to take mine in to the dealership to get it sorted out, but I'd like to come in armed with as much info as possible so that they don't make a lot of "fixes" that aren't needed. I'd really appreciate hearing from everyone on how their MINI is doing with this problem. Thankfully I haven't encountered any other major annoyances other than a metallic vibration noise under heavy load/acceleration. Thanks."

As stated, I really have no other issues and am very pleased with my MINI. Please let me know if you are having a similar experience - or just want to share your motoring experiences with your Jan build MINI!!

321 - 338 of 338 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.