cold weather pkg
convenience pkg
LSD
rear fog
Harmon kardon
black leather
chrono pkg
anthracite dash and headliner

Now the problems seems to be the long wait for it to go into production and get to my hot little hands...
I have been on the waiting list since Sept. I wanted the new armrest but I not going to wait any longer since they change production for it. I guess I could alway add it after I get my baby. My MA had not given a production week as yet.

Robin

· Banned
49,960 Posts
well its amazing how many folks are shocked at my decision to sell and get a MCSC, but been thinking about this for a while and even though I am still not 100% sure if I am doing the right thing, the order is placed:D

Ok final spec:

MCSC
Red Black Soft Top
Chili Pack
S spokes
Half leather, red and black sports seats (no JCW, they are off my list after test driving in them)
Heated seats
Sat Nav
Body colour dash, red
Interior chrome pack just because I was told on this thread to do it
Wind Deflector
Black Bonnet Stripes
Aero Skirts (not bad at £450)
still thinking about Visibilty pack

Mods already going on the day I get her:
Ice link for Ipod
Origin 2B
K&N Typhoon Intake
4 Hella Spot lights

Then I will also be shopping for a new exhaust, do I PLAY MINI it again or go for something different?

Still sad about having to say goodbye to my current MINI, we have had some real adventures together

Delivery is planned for 28/1/05

· Happy MCS Owner
31 Posts
I placed the order for my MCS on 12/06 and was told 12-14 weeks. I just called 866-ASK-MINI, gave them my production number and it began production 12/07! She told me to expect delivery across the pond in about 4-6 weeks. I wonder who to believe. ASK-MINI should have the most up-to-date info but I'm still going to plan on the later date so my hopes won't be dashed. ASK-MINI is real helpful and pleasant.

· Registered
31 Posts
Deacon Bill said:
I placed the order for my MCS on 12/06 and was told 12-14 weeks. I just called 866-ASK-MINI, gave them my production number and it began production 12/07! She told me to expect delivery across the pond in about 4-6 weeks. I wonder who to believe. ASK-MINI should have the most up-to-date info but I'm still going to plan on the later date so my hopes won't be dashed. ASK-MINI is real helpful and pleasant.
Very interesting Bill! What does the owner's lounge say on MINIUSA.COM?

Does your new MCS have anything like the LSD in the spec that is meant for Jan production onwards? I wonder if they really are ahead of schedule and we'll get things quicker.

Happy waiting!

· Registered
37 Posts
The sales told me the build date is 01/02/2005... and he also telling me it is the second week of January?? I am a bit confuse about the build week is it week 1 or week 2.. But anyway it won't be a long wait... should have it around mid Feb... is it sonuds right?

Order spec.
EB/W MCS
Sport pack, Premium pack, Cold Weather pack, 6-spd, LSD, Nav. white S-lite and white bonnet

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
francisk said:
The sales told me the build date is 01/02/2005... and he also telling me it is the second week of January?? I am a bit confuse about the build week is it week 1 or week 2.. But anyway it won't be a long wait... should have it around mid Feb... is it sonuds right?

Order spec.
EB/W MCS
Sport pack, Premium pack, Cold Weather pack, 6-spd, LSD, Nav. white S-lite and white bonnet
Since the 1st of January 2005 is a Saturday, it is the only day in the first week of January. Thus, the 2nd of January would indeed fall into the second week (I'm not sure if that's really correct though).

Congrats on your order!

BTW, I was told that I have a 01/01/05 build date (which is in the first week of January). My only fear is that all of the factory workers are going to be super hung over from their new year celebrations that my car will end up being another lemon (it's a replacement order for my first 05 MCS that was deemed to be a lemon and bought back by BMW). I really couldn't handle that if it happened to me again! :eek:

· MINI2 Regular
13 Posts
Now you've got me excited! I was told the 3rd week of January and figured that'd be the 17th through the 21st ( for workdays anyway ). If it turns out the 3rd week is one week earlier, then that's one week sooner my MC will arrive! I'm on the west coast, so the wait will be plenty long enough either way.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
All,

I just got a print out from my dealer tonight and it says that my January build MCS (with LSD, Convenience Pack, etc.) started production TODAY! I even have a VIN now too... :p

The printout states that the car is currently at status 150 (Production started) as of 12/20/2004. It also shows a confirmed production date of 2005/01/01 and an Estimated Production Date of 1/9/05. Weird. :confused:

BTW, here are all of the status values shown on the printout:

150 Production started
151 Entry body shop/serial # assgn.
152 Entry paint shop
153 Entry assembly
154 Assembly
155 Assembly finish/quality check

Looks like the January build cars are already starting to roll! :D

· Registered
31 Posts
TheOfficeMaven said:
All,

I just got a print out from my dealer tonight and it says that my January build MCS (with LSD, Convenience Pack, etc.) started production TODAY! I even have a VIN now too... :p

The printout states that the car is currently at status 150 (Production started) as of 12/20/2004. It also shows a confirmed production date of 2005/01/01 and an Estimated Production Date of 1/9/05. Weird. :confused:

BTW, here are all of the status values shown on the printout:

150 Production started
151 Entry body shop/serial # assgn.
152 Entry paint shop
153 Entry assembly
154 Assembly
155 Assembly finish/quality check

Looks like the January build cars are already starting to roll! :D
Great News!! What does the owners lounge say about your status while you are getting all this other information?

· All White
474 Posts
Exciting

This is a copy of a post by EBMCS03 from an old thread, it usefully gives some dates. 8 days to go from 150 to 151, guess yours, Mr TheOfficeMaven, (& mine) will take longer with Christmas in the way. Hope I've got the One sold by the time it arrives at the dealer, about three weeks :eek:

EBMCS03 said:
Mine took a while.. about a month.

This is my tracking status...

Arrival at Oxnard CA: (3/21/03)
At home: (3/26/03)

Status Meaning
0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW/MINI NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG (1/09/03)
112 Order scheduled for Production
150 Production Started (2/5/03)
151 Body Shop Started (2/13/03)
152 Paint Shop Started (2/14/03)
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution (2/18/03)
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop ("Workshop" is the German version of the VPC)
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 AG Load No. -- Released to Carrier
190 Dispatched ex(port?) BMW AG (2/20/03)
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival -- ATA

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
britboy_atl said:
Great News!! What does the owners lounge say about your status while you are getting all this other information?
My OL still says "On Order", but when I call the automated ASK-MINI phone number the voice tells me that my vehicle is "scheduled for production with no confirmed production date yet".

BTW, your MA has access to a detailed "Vehicle Inquiry" program (which is where my printout came from). The program shows the MA a breakdown of the vehicle's production status (including status codes and production dates and times), etc. It even includes a "Design/MSRP" list that breaks down your order spec item-by-item showing all of the order codes, description, and MSRP for each item you've ordered. It's kind of cool and I wish that my MA would have given me a printout for my 1st car (it even shows a "priority status" for the vehicle - my priority status reads: 1-Customer "sold").

It's funny as my "Design/MSRP" list properly shows the Sport Package as containing the 17" Web-Spoke wheels that I ordered, but it still shows the old MSRP of $1,350 for the package (it should be $1,850 with the web-spokes). However, my MA said that one of his other customer's printout showed the proper price of $1,850 for the Sport Package (with the web-spokes), but it also included a separate $1,100 individual charge for the web-spokes as well. Ouch! Thus, it looks like MINI is still working out the details on the dealer's order/tracking program when it comes to the new 01/05 changes.

Now all we need is for MINI to instate the really cool production video feature for our cars so that we can see some video of them being built (I was one of the "test" subjects for my other car which was built on 11/09/2004 and the video was really cool!).

EDIT (12/21/2004): Strike that! I just called the automated ASK-MINI number again and the voice now says that my vehicle is scheduled for production with an estimated completion date of January 9th, 2005. :D

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
oRb said:
This is a copy of a post by EBMCS03 from an old thread, it usefully gives some dates. 8 days to go from 150 to 151, guess yours, Mr TheOfficeMaven, (& mine) will take longer with Christmas in the way. Hope I've got the One sold by the time it arrives at the dealer, about three weeks :eek:
That's great! Thanks for the more detailed list of status codes (and their corresponding timeframes). I'm sure the holidays will slow things down some, but at least we're starting to roll. :p

· Registered
31 Posts
TheOfficeMaven said:
EDIT (12/21/2004): Strike that! I just called the automated ASK-MINI number again and the voice now says that my vehicle is scheduled for production with an estimated completion date of January 9th, 2005. :D

I just called ASK-MINI and I have an estimated completion date of January 11th - must be right behind yours! Any guesses what boat you'll be looking to catch to bring it over?

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
britboy_atl said:
I just called ASK-MINI and I have an estimated completion date of January 11th - must be right behind yours! Any guesses what boat you'll be looking to catch to bring it over?
No clue really... However, both of my other two MINIs came over on K-Line ships (since I'm on the West Coast), so I assume that this one will too (or possibly a NYK ship). Unfortunatley, us West Coast MINI owners can't track the K-Line and NYK ships using our VIN as can the East Coast owners who's MINIs are loaded on WW ships. Once our cars get to the dock and loaded onto a ship, we should be able to figure out which ship it's on by the departure/arrival dates though. The hardest part is of it all is waiting for the ship to land on the West Coast. The trip across the pond for the East Coast folks only takes something like 8-10 days, whereas it takes 28-30 days for folks on the West Coast. Bleck! :p

· Registered
31 Posts
TheOfficeMaven said:
No clue really... However, both of my other two MINIs came over on K-Line ships (since I'm on the West Coast), so I assume that this one will too (or possibly a NYK ship). Unfortunatley, us West Coast MINI owners can't track the K-Line and NYK ships using our VIN as can the East Coast owners who's MINIs are loaded on WW ships. Once our cars get to the dock and loaded onto a ship, we should be able to figure out which ship it's on by the departure/arrival dates though. The hardest part is of it all is waiting for the ship to land on the West Coast. The trip across the pond for the East Coast folks only takes something like 8-10 days, whereas it takes 28-30 days for folks on the West Coast. Bleck! :p

I am actually about 60 miles from Oxford right now and may still be here the day my mini is born. Shame I cannot fit the "Ocean Going" Package and drive it back to the East Coast with me!

21 - 40 of 338 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.