MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I want that one in blue..
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any performance figures yet regarding the 0-60 for the new auto gearbox ?

I currently have a manual on order but I'm tempted by the Auto as my previous car (Audi Cabriolet) auto gearbox was fantastic with very slight reduction in performance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well according to Audi's website (apparantly the gearbox is the same as in the front wheel drive 180 BHP TT with tiptronic) it's only around 0.5 sec's slower to 60 than the same car in manual, with approx 3mpg decrease in fuel consumption, there's no in-gear timings, but it doesn't sound too bad at all.

I've looked for some reviews of the TT FWD auto compared to the manual but unfortch haven't found any, as the Mini is a bit lighter than the TT, then it could possibly be even quicker...

The same auto box is also apparantly in the tiptronic VW Beetle too, but as that's only got 115BHP, the figures aren't as comparable as the TT's....

Hope that's of some help, I'd be interested in more info myself as I'm pre-ordering one on monday...subject to full refund if the test drive in January time proves unsatisfactory!

M

·
Registered
54 Posts
supergimp said:
Paul56k:

Where are you located? My dealer (Nick Alexander in Los Angeles) won't take orders yet for Auto MCS.
I ordered it from Roadshow Mini in Memphis. They are doing all the registration and taxes for me in CA so all I have to do when I get home (I plan to Drive) is get a Smog and VIN check and it's all done.

They were able to get me into the January build schedule and they tell me I will see my car during the first part of February.....should be one of the first "Auto" MC's in S. CA.

I'm in San Diego, but I checked with EVERY Mini dealer in CA and the best I could do at MSRP was an August or September 05 delivery.

Cheers! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts