MINI Cooper Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Well Clarkson may not like the Clubman, but Top Gear has just named the Clubman as it's Small Car of the Year ;)

Top Gear | Galleries
But which one did it name as Car Of The Year outright winner :puzzled:

Eleven worthy contenders, but only one can be crowned Top Gear's Car of the Year. Which one? Buy the Awards Issue of Top Gear Magazine - out on December 28 - to find out.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Mondeo I think I had a quick scan in W H Smiths but the article is the same sprawling mess as last year when they went to India all nice pictures of the locals and no content.
TG Awards '07 Small Car of the Year: Mini Clubman

'There's no avoiding the conclusion that this car is, of course, wildly over-complex. But, in the right environment or with the right driver, the Mini in Clubman form remains a draw. This is still a Mini and yet it's also something fresh. And you know what? That's enough.'

Peter Grunert

Guess Peter Grunert doesn't see eye 2 eye with JC on this one :wink:

·
Registered
190 Posts
TG winner

from what i can make out after (half) reading the mag, the overall winner was the new Audi R8.:rolleyes:Theres a suprise!! At nearly £80k, i suppose it must be fairly good!!;)

Mind you, looking at the back of the mag in the new car complete list thingy, the R8 scores 16/20 overall,which is exactly the same as a Clubman D:D:D

Oh,, and all the fantastic new Mondeo could muster was 13/20!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
from what i can make out after (half) reading the mag, the overall winner was the new Audi R8.:rolleyes:Theres a suprise!! At nearly £80k, i suppose it must be fairly good!!;)

Mind you, looking at the back of the mag in the new car complete list thingy, the R8 scores 16/20 overall,which is exactly the same as a Clubman D:D:D

Oh,, and all the fantastic new Mondeo could muster was 13/20!!
Clubbin' it and Lovin' it
:nice:Well ordered the other half her Clubdoor today so come April I shall be able to see just how far off the mark JC was with his Clubbin of the Clubman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson....

...is an entertaining funny bloke who likes to provocate and so gain publicity. So he can sell his books and get wiewers for Top Gear. He is simply testing the car and writing his opinion from it. I bet for him it was already devastating that BMW bought the traditional british MINI, and now he can pay back.
Didn't he once said that the new MINI is as british as a Bratwurst? Using that logic: germans are producing their traditional sausages nowadays in britain from the british meat.
Jezza is a loudmouth we need. I just don't like his concervative and rather provocating opinions, but who says we have to take him seriously?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts