MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I would appreciate your input on this one....I have just ordered the following and wonder what wheels people think would be best....Kahn RS-C 18x8 or the JCW's?

Also do the RS-C's rub on standard Sports Suspension Plus?
Plus have I missed and 'essential' items on my spec?

BRG with Black Roof and Chili Pack
Aerokit
MFSW
HK
TLC
Chrome Mirrors
Black bonnent stripes with white pinstripes.
Factory tints

Cheers

Chris

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
cfranklin said:
All,

I would appreciate your input on this one....I have just ordered the following and wonder what wheels people think would be best....Kahn RS-C 18x8 or the JCW's?

Also do the RS-C's rub on standard Sports Suspension Plus?
Plus have I missed and 'essential' items on my spec?

BRG with Black Roof and Chili Pack
Aerokit
MFSW
HK
TLC
Chrome Mirrors
Black bonnent stripes with white pinstripes.
Factory tints

Cheers

Chris

Don't forget manual aircon....

JCW wheels are getting common :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry forgot to add Auto Aircon....but what would people recommend?

In my current Cooper I have no air con....was thinking of going auto air con because of the Mini Wings layout!

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
cfranklin said:
sorry forgot to add Auto Aircon....but what would people recommend?

In my current Cooper I have no air con....was thinking of going auto air con because of the Mini Wings layout!
Yes, many people select autoair because of that very reason... which is a little bit silly really....

My car had manual aircon, my wifes S has auto. Having the both of best worlds, I would only ever buy Manual in future if I were respeccing my car. I find the Auto air ofter to 'blunt' in its settings, too noisy even on minimum airflow, and intrusive on demist function.... it is also difficult to adjust without taking your eyes off the road...

But many other people are more than happy with auto. I think if you lived somewhere hot and sunny, you'd have auto and just leave it on all the time. In Britain, when you only need it occasionally, manual air is the better choice. Again, only my opinion. But then again I do have full access to both options.

Spend the extra money saved on something else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the advice....

I will change the order to Man Air Con but will I have a button that has a blanking plate?

Does anyone know if the Kahn's will rub with 215/35/18? Rim size is 18 - 8.0!

C

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
cfranklin said:
I will change the order to Man Air Con but will I have a button that has a blanking plate?

Does anyone know if the Kahn's will rub with 215/35/18? Rim size is 18 - 8.0!

C

Please check it out for yourself before you make your decision.... there are many htat are happy with auto air...

I don't have any spare buttons/blanking plates on mine....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 18X8 with 1.5 inch drop and it didnt rub one bit

I had 18X8 with 1.5 inch drop and it didnt rub one bit I had a 42mm off set as far as JCW or Kahns go with the Kahn wheels JCW looks like a stock wheel, as far as rubbing goes just make sure you have the correct offset. Dont alway believe what you read I was told 19's with a 1.5 inch drop would never work and it did... and for listening It became a 600.00 dollar mistake(that was what i lost after selling the 18's to go 19). So take everything with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Offset of Kahn Wheels is

Offset of Kahn Wheels is ET 38....Would these rub on standard sports suspension plus with 4 in the car?
Would I need spacers? Or would it be better to just get another wheels with et42 offset?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts