MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So those of you that have this kit, just how many miles per tank do you get :confused:

I can justify the cost of the kit BUT if your talking of sub 200 miles per tank it really makes it expensive to live with what with the kit cost as well :eek: ;)

Kev...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Doesnt seem to have affected my fuel consumption at all - can still get over 270 to a tank. Infact i'd say its better on fuel then my old 200 kit with the bmp intake i had...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Depends largely on how you drive with it. It's VERY tempting to drive harder than without the kit. I'd say that the best I've got is on the freeway at 70mph where I can get 35 mpg (US gallons which are smaller than imperial). However it's jsut as easy to get around 23mpg around town driving "vigorously".

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
See GBMINIs MPG & mileage chart; the thin jagged line is miles between tanks (the few very low ones are "short fills" before a trip or similar); the MPG is on US gallons!

I got the JCW-200 in Jan'04 and upgraded to the -210 in Oct'04. So only two fills since the upgrade, but both over 300 miles.
The big driver of my mpg/miles-per-tank is if all my trips are just to and from work (only 11 miles each way) or if I do longer runs.
NOTE: I don't drive *hard* ... but I do have fun :)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Hmmm my fuel consumption is pretty dire...:( But it could be down to the way that I drive.:rolleyes:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Max said:
Hmmm, well I can do 230 mpt thrashing 215 bhp :D

When I drive slowly (ish) I can return 250 (better than Appletheminicooper) ;) ;)

Max :D :red:
Oh I can get that easy.;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Normally get around 270 miles from a tank with about 50 miles showing on the OBC (just when the red light comes on).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts