MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SuperCooper S
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Think its time to say bye bye to my R52 S. (5 loving years together).

Speccing up a JCW as we speak, but a few things need to be taken into account before I tick a few too many boxes!!!

Does anyone have the dealer price list for ALL of the JCW options.
Specifically:

JCW Multi-functional Carbon/Alcantara Steering Wheel
JCW Carbon Rear Diffuser

Why does the JCW dealer fit kit have that nice dark section (assuming they refer to this as the rear diffuser) near the exhausts, whereas the factory fit is colour coded? Doesn't look quite as good in my opinion. ALSO...How come there's no Parking sensors on the Factory fit kit, but they can be fitted on dealer kits?!?!

Your expertise appreciated!

March

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
not sure on the PDC but the rear diffuser comes colour coded - the carbon diffuser is extra. (as is everything!)

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
Why does the JCW dealer fit kit have that nice dark section (assuming they refer to this as the rear diffuser) near the exhausts, whereas the factory fit is colour coded?
March
The dealer fit aero also comes with a colour coded diffuser bit unless you pay them to pain it black, or pay for the JCW carbon diffuser.

Doesn't look quite as good in my opinion. ALSO...How come there's no Parking sensors on the Factory fit kit, but they can be fitted on dealer kits?!?!
March
PDC will be available late this year/start of next year when they have a lead time before a customer ordering and them building cars. (Right now as soon as you order you get a build date pretty quick). Then PDC and the full range of colours will be available. - MINI did not want to have to keep all the different colours of bumper in stock with and without PDC (would be 20 different combinations of rear bumper in suffient quantities to meet demand), so only offered four colours all without PDC, so only had to keep sufficient stock to meet demand in these 4 colours. Next year they should have time to order the bumpers in that they need for say the next months build slots.

PS ive confused myself there!

·
SuperCooper S
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.

Ah, I see. Do you know first hand that this is the case for PDC?

I'm intent on ordering Sat Nav with the car, but I also wanted PDC so I can have that funky display that shows how close things are. (Not that you really need it).

I see that as a pretty lame excuse for a company the size of the BMW group. If I ordered a new E90 BMW M3 in a BMW Individual Colour, I can have it with PDC on. So why not a JCW. A car I'm sure will sell in similar numbers to an Individual BMW.

Anyway, who am I to argue with the BMW group supply chain and its wonderful problems.

p.s. Anyone got the JCW Catalogue in PDF yet?

Cheers again.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have PDC on my current s + stage 1 JCW kit which i will lose when i get the factory works soon

TBH you dont need it at all and only covers rear bumper anyway which is so easy to judge Yes i agree looks funky on the display . Even if was an option would not have specified it again Much better things on option list to spend your cash on. Also Bumper looks cleaner without PDC sensors.

Certainly i wouldnt delay a purchase because of that but go and try car with /without at dealers to see if you really need/want it ........if you want it wait for it

Hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts