MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a black Cooper S with areo, leather etc. I also ordered the tuning filter kit which gives an additional 5bhp. 170 to 175

Half of me really wants the JCW 210bhp

1) Does this really enhance the performance (175 to 210)
2) What current high performance car would you compare with i.e Porsche

Many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that the JCW package is good stuff but it is a bit steep on the price, you can get the same amount of power with other mods that cost less. I'm not saying its not worth it, I'm just saying that you can get the same amount of power for less. As far as the cooper s being most comparable to a RSX type S or a Honda S2000, a high revving four cylinder.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
firstly HI and welcome to MINI2.
secondly great spec, same as mine! :D

as said earlier the JCW full upgrade is expensive and its been discussed heavily on the performance and modification area of this forum. try doing a search first. Agreeably the JCW is a great conversion and you keep your all important warranty and TLC intact. some people will say its expensive but some will say its good value. depends which way you look, some folks have had faults that have cost a lot of cash to rectify (if the warranty was voided).

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
CHRed said:
I have ordered a black Cooper S with areo, leather etc. I also ordered the tuning filter kit which gives an additional 5bhp. 170 to 175
Is that the JCW air box you have ordered? How much extra was it?

Matthew

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scooperman

Also, the JCW air box is £275 inc vat + 0.5hrs labour. I think total of £323

1 - 5 of 5 Posts