MINI Cooper Forum banner

JCW authenticity.

573 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  TommoOx
Hello Everyone, I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

I am looking at buying an R52 JCW. The checks I have found so far is the car left the Oxford plant as a Cooper S. I am trying to find out where the JCW kit was fitted. I have asked the supplying dealer, but they would not discuss the car with me. I have tried other MINI dealers who have been no help either.

Is there a register or some other way of finding out. My gut feel is the car is genuine but I am only going to buy it once so would really like to dot all the i’s and...........

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Tommo.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Hello Everyone, I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

I am looking at buying an R52 JCW. The checks I have found so far is the car left the Oxford plant as a Cooper S. I am trying to find out where the JCW kit was fitted. I have asked the supplying dealer, but they would not discuss the car with me. I have tried other MINI dealers who have been no help either.

Is there a register or some other way of finding out. My gut feel is the car is genuine but I am only going to buy it once so would really like to dot all the i’s and...........

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Tommo.
If the supplying dealer is refusing to help with your enquiry, walk away. Why would you entertain purchasing a vehicle, from such an unhelpful business?
If they are this unhelpful, pre purchase, I dread to think how unhelpful they would be, in assisting you, should the car develop a fault later
If the supplying dealer is refusing to help with your enquiry, walk away. Why would you entertain purchasing a vehicle, from such an unhelpful business?
If they are this unhelpful, pre purchase, I dread to think how unhelpful they would be, in assisting you, should the car develop a fault later
Sorry, probably didn’t make it to clear. The dealer who supplied the car originally to its first owner, won’t discuss the car with me. I have to say I have tried 3 different MINI dealers and find them all to be rather unhelpful.

It could be me.

I am looking to buy the car from a private dealer.

Apologies for the confusion.

Tommo.
So has it got its JCW Certificate? If that isn't with it, been lost, is that what is concerning you? Being an R52 it should be a 210bhp - what year is it. There are quite a few ways of telling if it is a JCW, espcially a facelift 210 one.
Hello Nigel, the car is an R52 2008, at the moment the certificate cannot be found. The vendor is telling me the car is 190bhp. While most people, Iam sure would say walk away, my gut is telling me it is straight. The certificate would be great but finding the dealer who fitted the kit would be the holy grail.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.