MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking around at exhaust options to get a bit more noise(Not bothered about performance upgrades) I think I’ve decided I want to got for a JCW Backbox.

It seems like quite a few people on here have already done this or know somebody that has. Any thoughts or first hand experiences and also the best/cheapest place to buy one. I’m new to the mini world so don’t really know where to look.

Also I know there’s previous posts about this but the latest one I could find was 7 years ago?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I haven’t but that seems like a good place to start, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
i just done a decat and remap on mine on standard exhaust it burbles and snorts crackles now but no drone noise as most of straight out ones do,, cut the factory cat and knock out internals and weld back put on rolling road last week stuck a gentle 206bhp map on it sound just right now as running it in after engine rebuild (not nice feeling reving a car on rolling road with 100 miles on the engine but it held together well) ,, also on may the fuel trim gets cut at fast idle revs where the gas inspection detects for mot ie will pass,, i thought this might make it laggy but it pulls in 6th gear at 40mph like a diesel and when hits the vanos and top end boost it just mental even more so if sport button is on, i've done them before with jcw exhausts on and very loud, could add a cold air box convert and get inlet snort sounds cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts