MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JCW Carbon / Alcantara steering wheel looks fantastic!

Anyone know how much it is, and if it's available with multi-function?

Do you think the carbon bits will look OK with a piano black dash (don't want to get the full carbon fibre trim as it will spoil my gentlemen's club Leather Lounge interior)

·
Greek Mini
187 Posts
Ahhhh yes, you are right it's the same...I have spent 20 minutes today at the dealers to finally spec it for my R56, since all the sales-people seemed to have no idea what I was talking about...thank god the manager was there :hmph:

Leather/Leather or Leather/Alcantara retails for £245 inc. VAT, without fitting...Fitting depends on your dealer (or stealer respectively :wink: ), but they have spared me the cost of fitting on this one...:biggrin:

I think it will look fantastic with a piano black trim and lounge black leather seats (they are in my spec as well :cool: ), since the quality of leather on the wheel resembles the one on the seats...

·
Greek Mini
187 Posts
Guys please I need your help, since the dealers knowledge (or lack of I should say) on re-fitting the MF controls to the JCW wheel from the OEM, is like BIG NEWS to them...6 people, 1 manager and two service centres of the same dealership (guess who??!!) have no idea and also have even told me that this is impossible, plus they want to charge me £495 for the whole thing with the JCW carbon bits!!! Insane !!!
Does anybody have a dealer to recommend in the Greater London area that could do the job for me please, since I have ordered the actual wheel but I have told them not to fit it after the shocking conversation with them...Many thanks :D

·
Dooper is the dogz!
1,458 Posts
I would love the alcantara version if I get an R56, but I would also miss my multifunction loads - anyone here know the answer?

I would put money on the dealers not knowing - I love/hate the way that we know everything about MINIs and the dealers know jack, and give you a look of disgust when you mention mini2!! :-O

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love the alcantara version if I get an R56, but I would also miss my multifunction loads - anyone here know the answer?

I would put money on the dealers not knowing - I love/hate the way that we know everything about MINIs and the dealers know jack, and give you a look of disgust when you mention mini2!! :-O
Exactly, I arrived to spec my car in September with print outs from MINI2. I knew much more than my dealer did!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts