MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out in Oz jus passing the time on honeymoon, had no idea that JCW Clubbie was on sale here untill flicking through a GQ mag.

Promptly arranged a test drive and whoaa what a car, much more composed and refined in ride quality and set up than our R53JCWs'. And felt every bit as quick with x3 in car and aircon on - only 453K on clock so couldn't really thrash it to the redline

The brakes were super sharp too - got a few strange looks from the salesman everytime I tapped em':D.

So 1st impressions were it's a great drivers car and yep I'd deffo trade in my JCW for a Hotchoc version, price is pretty good to approx $56K (Aus), with MFSW, Privacy glass, PDC Climate Con, Chilli (no alarm though) all as standard.

Summer here too .... remind me why I'm coming back to Blighty tmr???:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Australia?? Honeymoon?

You secret squirrel you....when did you get married??

Many congratulations to you both xx
Hey you got married out here on 25/10, had a great day can't describe how well it went, no MINIs for wedding cars though so had to make do with some vintage cars.
Thanks xxx

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Out in Oz jus passing the time on honeymoon, had no idea that JCW Clubbie was on sale here untill flicking through a GQ mag.
It's out *everywhere* except the UK (and SA). Grrr.

And with the factory on a month's shut-down, plus the big downturn in UK car sales, i half expect MINI to quietly cancel the car I ordered 7 months ago.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Married!!!! You sneaky wotsits :p Congratulations you two! :D

You dont fancy getting the Clubby version when it comes out over here then? :p
Hey thanks J, yep deffo going to get the Clubby version when it comes here, wedding been planned for ages, thought we mentioned it on one of the "runs" or "meets". :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts