MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was under the impression it was just Pepper White, Dark Silver, Astro Black and Chili Red, and the configurator on the UK site backs that up...

But, just looked on Pistonheads and found this...

MINI John Cooper Works

:confused::confused::confused:

This is so confusing :p:p What is going on?! :eek::p:p

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oohh I think I would if I were forced to :eek::p

Any colour as long as it has the Chili Pack, Recaros, JCW Brakes, and even possibly the chrome interior :eek: Oh did I just post that :eek::eek::p

·
Registered
2 Posts
The brochure that I picked up last Saturday shows the JC Works available in all colours, with one of the blues & Astro Black only available until Nov 08. The one I saw in their workshop in red with black roof, mirrors & stripes looked superb! Now I've just got to buy a few lottery tickets :D

Charles

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The brochure shows all the colours but if your friendly dealer sales person thingy logs on to show you the options and quote a price only four colours are available. I expect they will wait until fans of (enter your favourite colour here) Laser Blue have been forced to buy a Chili Red before they will announce for 2009 you can buy Laser Blue :mad: . Not too bad for me as I like the Dark Silver :) .

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
The brochure shows all colours but says on the back that specs may vary between countries, and it is a MINI AG (in germany) brochure. The price list just shows the 4 colours, which is the case when it comes to order.

Pistonheads thing is strange, and it does look great in blue. I really hope they dont later expand the colour range as that would be a huge kick in the face to early buyers.

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
oohh I think I would if I were forced to :eek::p

Any colour as long as it has the Chili Pack, Recaros, JCW Brakes, and even possibly the chrome interior :eek: Oh did I just post that :eek::eek::p
:eek: did I just read that right?! :eek: :p

I'll have one too :D

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
The literature will have been printed for as many different English-speaking markets as possible, I reckon.

But I remain hopeful that the limited choice of just four colours will only be for the first few weeks/months of production, and that in time we'll be able to order JCW cars in the usual wide range of colours. Especially now I've decided that I want Laser Blue.

·
338 Posts
Specifically the UK, as far as we can tell (and maybe South Africa, too). Europe, America and the rest of the World get their cars in whatever colour they like, but don't get the JCW bodykit fitted as standard.

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Specifically the UK, as far as we can tell (and maybe South Africa, too). Europe, America and the rest of the World get their cars in whatever colour they like, but don't get the JCW bodykit fitted as standard.
Its not standard you pay £490 for it, just you cant not have it! :rolleyes:

·
338 Posts
Oh, I find it almost impossible to comapre the price of the car across different markets, so adding the bodykit and saying it's £500 extra is pretty meaningless (have you seen how little the Americans have to pay to get a JCW??). And what is it to have the JCW kit fitted to an S by the dealer, though? I can't imagine that there's much change from £1,500.

AFAIC, we're paying a *big* premium over the S as it is, but I see the premium as buying the better engine, brakes, and badges.

·
FS58MBW
69 Posts
I must say it is frustrating that the dealers seem to know less than buyers and seem as surprised as we are dissappointed with the limited colour choices and different choices and standard specs between markets. My local even hadn't had a brochure up to last Sunday - presumably they will have by Tuesday (official launch day). Having a generic brochure is certain to confuse potential buyers, especially here in the UK. They are also plugging the JCW as a special or limited edition. This would suggest a limited production run (guessing not) or perhaps it is more indicative or the fact that its only available in four colours (UK). Might have been more palatable had those colours been unique to the JCW model (a la GP - albeit that was limited to single colour, and very limited production).

·
338 Posts
I'm surprised that they are surprised by MINI UK's decisions. I've heard that MINI UK took the (often strange) marketting decisions regarding the JCW cars (limited colour choice, addition of the bodykit, limited number of colour choices, no JCW suspension as standard etc) only "after extensive consultation with the dealer network" (translation - "we spoke to one dealer, and he guessed what his customers would really want").

Though I'm perfectly happy with a decision not to give us an exclusive colour; I hear that the paint on the GP is a little thin, and I owned a limited edition Mini with an exclusive paint colour which was notorious for rusting and poor finish (precisely because that paint was different - and applied differently - to the standard paints). I'm sure that it's possible to do an exclusive colour really well; I've just not experienced it on a MINI or Mini yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm from France.

We just order our Mini Hatch JCW two weeks ago.

We select Lighting blue for body colour and our car is foreseen to be delivered lately end of September.

What disapointed us is that the JCW aero body kit can not be fitted in Factory. We had to order hit as extra and it will be mounted by our dealer.

The only possibility would be to choose the awful JCW aero kit. But we didn't.

Then, after reading your post, I do rather like to pay in extra the true JCW aero kit than be not authorized to select the body colour I want :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts