MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after a new Exhaust as i feel like my car should sound sportier and the ONE exhaust looks a bit small and out of place.

I cant realy go after market as my insurence will go up to much, Hence why im after a JCW one.

First off

How much will change if i add the JCW. How louad would it be on a ONE, Would it pop and make cool sounds like other JCWs. would i have to get the JCW air filter to make the car sound better ?

What sort of price am i looking for iv been quoted from £300 - £430 and £60 for fitting.

Would i then be able to put a JCW badge on the back of my car or would that just look silly.

Also what badge, New style JCW or Old one

Thanks Jordan

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
The JCW soundkit exhaust is quite nice... on the ONEs and Coopers (not got JCW sounkit remaps) I have heard it on it sounds nice and throaty without the loudness of something like a milltek.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
JCW sound kit exhaust Jords, its got a nice note to it;)

But no to the badge, you'll look silly and get loads of ribbings:p

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
JCW sound kit exhaust Jords, its got a nice note to it;)

But no to the badge, you'll look silly and get loads of ribbings:p
Kinda like you ribbed me for having a Milltek on my ONE? :confused: :p

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Ribbed :p For his pleasure :eek:

You could just put a Cooper exhaust on Jords - bigger so it looks better ;) Then fit an induction kit for the extra sound? It'd be cheaper as there's bound to be some Cooper exhausts for sale 2nd hand ;)

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Yeah but the cooper exhaust is the same diameter and sounds the same does it not... i always though it did. The cooper just didn't have the rolled end on it (allowing BMW to fit the exhaust trim that the ONE didn't have)

The pipes were the same though no?

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Not sure tbh, Coopers always seem to sound better than Ones... (in standard form)
I always thought that was because in a ONE, the throttle body is only permitted to open to 50% beyond 3,800 rpm. Consequently, although it's the same exhaust, it doesn't have the same volume of air being forced through it - hence the different note even when rpms are matched? :confused:

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You chavtastic young fecking MINI owners all the same!!:p
Next is the zeemax kit :p

WHy do u think i want a loud Exhaust and a badge :p

I know some gp owner with one might use his badge :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts