MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have a Oct 2003 MCS and i´m considering the JCW kit. Spoke about that to a friend who spoke with a friend that has a friend ( you know how it goes) that works at the Lisbon dealership and the guy said that JCW usually gets a major repair at around 60K Km - about 40K miles ( very expensive ). has anyone experienced that and whats your KM / mileage MCS JCW?

Thanks

Luis

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
I can't imagine why?? I'm sure the standard durability tests would have been preformed on engines with the kits fitted :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Possibly a S'Charger over haul ???

Thought S'Chargeres and Turbos needed an overhaul at 60k anyway, maybe the extra JCW boost pressures and strains drop it to 40k ???

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
Nope , no idea where that came from . but petrol in Portugal is crap so it might be a regional trait, however, there dont seem to be many JCW kits in Portugal , or 'S's for that matter so one incident would be big news

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Yeah I know of a fairly big problem with the JCW kits, that not to many people know about. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't afford one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If its 40,000, then it shouldnt cost anything surely, as it would still be under warranty and TLC :confused:

I've not heard of anything - although mine will need new tyres and brakes WAY before that mileage :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Goonery

Boy oh boy, does ignorance really bites and who would say that it lands hard in Oxford. Sure not in sintony with all the tradition up there isn´t it?
BP wich by the way is from the UK ( don´t know if you´re aware of that either) sells Unleaded premium - 100 octane in here so I can´t really agree with you on the crappy fuel that we have in Portugal
You are right about the fact that we don´t have a lot of JCW Mcs in here so I guess one out of two ain´t bad

Best wishes and a Mini Christmas

Luis Redinha :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Hobzy

Problem here in portugal is that we don´t have tlc and warranty is restricted to the first 2 years so some may only reach 40k after that time

Luis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.