MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... The Works kits have been out for a year or so now... has anyone experienced decreases in their insurance premiums after being Works owners for a year, and now that the car has some 'history' as such?

My renewal is in January and I'm keeping fingers crossed that it comes down.... then I can afford to go on more tracks! ;)

Thanks all...

Intrepid :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Insurance is due on my S in January (just before my 28th birthday) - insurance seems to be about the same having recently got some quotes (Adrian Flux - Liverpool Victoria - Blackhorse - DirectLine) no points (touch wood) 9yrs no claims, one of them I tried listed the S and the S works as 2 seperate cars (obviously) but my premium was the same :D

Still looking at what options I want on my Works if I decide to take the plunge :D - insurance still flippin expensive thorugh :( moan mmoan moan :)

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah mine's due in January too - just after my 29th.. :rolleyes: I've gone and got myself 3 points this year (first week after getting the car.. grrrr :mad: ) 9 years no claims also... Who are you with?

I had to pay extra for Aero kit and suspension - damn insurance companies :(

Oh and don't think about it - get the Works! ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
With Direct Line at the moment :( , been with them a few years, done online quotes but most only allow for the standard car (cant add mods i.e aero kit JCW wheels etc), 2 others still to try insurance.co.uk and admiral, wouldnt have thought points would make to much differance.

This Works is coming up soon, had it to myself for a few hours a couple of months back, one of the last 200bhp before the upgrade (would have to get the extra 10hp though :D ) .......tempting :)

Attachments

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
hey intrepid
il contribute towards your ins ;)

...........just gona have to let me drive it now n then :D

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Mine is in March next year....

"Hello Liverpool Vic, I've just put some new wheels on the car, will you increase the premium to me"....
"Does it increase the cc of the car?"
"No"...
"Well, keep your receipts and take some photo's"

Hello Liverpool Vic, I've just put some new aero side skirts on the car, will you increase the premium to me"....
"No"...
"Well, keep your receipts and take some photo's"

Hello Liverpool Vic, I've just had the new official BMW John cooper works power upgrade on the car, will you increase the premium to me"....
"No, but it does increase the bhp"...
"Well as long as it doesn't increase the cc of the engine everything is ok, keep your receipts and take some photo's"

Gotta luv Liverpool Vic...... :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
liverpool vic just qouted me on mcscjcw with aero kit, and said they would insure car with them on but would not insure the parts themselves
my mini is costing £28500 and if i choose liver vic and stuffit totally they will only pay £23500

neil

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
neil g said:
liverpool vic just qouted me on mcscjcw with aero kit, and said they would insure car with them on but would not insure the parts themselves
my mini is costing £28500 and if i choose liver vic and stuffit totally they will only pay £23500

neil
Try Adrian Flux - they have never said no to anything on my insurance...... yet. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
neil g said:
my mini is costing £28500 and if i choose liver vic and stuffit totally they will only pay £23500 neil
Your Mini is costing what??? Thats approaching Boxter/350Z country, and I know what Id rather have

·
003 On a Mission
4,239 Posts
:red: :red: :)

Just had renewal quote from Direct Line:(

Thought I would check to see if they had correct details. I.E. works kit / works wheels /graphics etc. Told them I had fitted works wheels and would this make any difference to premium, bearing in mind I had S spokes on before so the value difference was small. After being put on hold the guy came back and said as I had changed my wheels they would require an additional £130.00 and the excess would go up to £800.00 ( on your Bike)
This would have put the premium up to £665.00 thats with 7yrs NCD/ NCD protection and Legal protection :p

Got in touch with MINI insurance told them what I had >> Works 210 S /chillipack/works wheels/leather seats/spots /graphics etc. Guess what £431.00 :D :D No prizes for guessing what happened next:D

DL did not know what the works car was:confused: MINI on the other hand have it classified as a car in its own right. Why is it so difficult for insurance companies to grasp the nettle

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got a renewal quote from Liverpool Vic on Monday.... £100 less than Flux so Im tempted.... but I'll need to tell them about my 3 points :mad: we'll see..... :)

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Direct Line should know all about the Works conversion - they're about to pay out on my rather stuffed up motor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts