MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1963 Mini -- 2004 MINI
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been in email correspondence with John Cooper in the UK asking when the JCW seats will be available in the US. The reply was that they are available. I replied that my dealer said they could not order them. JC replied with US part numbers (LH & RH). So I'm getting in touch with my dealer to see if that's correct or not. I would think that if they are available for order through MINI then they should have the airbag right??
Keep you fingers crossed :D Will keep you posted.
Update Update Update
I received a reply from JCW to inform me that the seats do not have airbags and after installation the dealer will have to go into the computer to deactivate it. I called my dealer and the seats are listed in their computer but without prices. They have an all leather in black and a red/black in cloth/leather. The part number on the latter is 52 10 0 303 156 and 52 10 0 303 157 (presumably driver/passenger).
I guess we will have to keep checking. By the way they have just listed the JCW suspension kit and JCW wheels.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are currently no OEM Recaro-like or JCW-like seats available in the US for insurance (side airbag) reasons.

Should you decide to go the aftermarket route, I'd think about it very carefully as it will probably invalidate your insurance if you're involved in a debilitating side-impact accident (or at least increase your premium significantly if you declare this mod to your ins.co.).

·
Need4Speed
248 Posts
gr8britwjh said:
There are currently no OEM Recaro-like or JCW-like seats available in the US for insurance (side airbag) reasons.

Should you decide to go the aftermarket route, I'd think about it very carefully as it will probably invalidate your insurance if you're involved in a debilitating side-impact accident (or at least increase your premium significantly if you declare this mod to your ins.co.).
Are you a lawyer or insurance agent? :nice:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts