MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been onto the MINI international site to see that the JCW seats apparently have adjustable thigh support. Mine fookin dont Grrr :(

Is this New? Leather Only? Or What?

Edit:

Available in different colours and cloth and leather variants. Lumbar support and Easy Entry as standard; optional heating and pull-out thigh support. Not available for MINI Cabrio models.
Drag your mouse pointer over the photo for an all-round view.

"Optional"

Grrrr

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Sparco must have improved their product line.... ;)

Lets be clear here - they're Sparco seats in leather, with the 'JCW' symbol stamped into them. :eek: It even says 'Sparco' on them

Leather embosing would cost a few pennies to do. Is there a price difference between these and straight up Sparco leather seats of the same model?

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
As far as know they are based on the sparco milano, although I think that the sparco seats are actually very similar in price, if not slightly more. It may be that sparco have added some new features to their seats like the extending thigh support, which JCW are then able to pass on as well.

I do love my JCW seats and they're definately worth the money... although they do make getting into the back a bit of a squeeze :)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sparco Milano Prestige is about £700 a seat in full leather, and it has the adjustable thigh support.

And no i dont wanna sell them cheap :p

·
The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
got mine last thursday and they dont have the adjustable thigh support :mad: :mad:

Mine are full leather and I asked if there were any options like this and was told NO

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
CooperID said:
As far as know they are based on the sparco milano, although I think that the sparco seats are actually very similar in price, if not slightly more. It may be that sparco have added some new features to their seats like the extending thigh support, which JCW are then able to pass on as well.

I do love my JCW seats and they're definately worth the money... although they do make getting into the back a bit of a squeeze :)

CooperID, how do you find the seats on longer journeys? any problems with discomfort?

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Damo said:
Just been onto the MINI international site to see that the JCW seats apparently have adjustable thigh support. Mine fookin dont Grrr :(

Is this New? Leather Only? Or What?

Edit:

Available in different colours and cloth and leather variants. Lumbar support and Easy Entry as standard; optional heating and pull-out thigh support. Not available for MINI Cabrio models.
Drag your mouse pointer over the photo for an all-round view.

"Optional"

Grrrr
Damo, they do appear to have this pull out thigh support as shown in the photo, it has a grab handle at the front of the cushion you can pull out as well? maybe this is new for 05?

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I think the adjustable thigh support never happened on the JCWs - their brochure has ALWAYS said they were adjustable, but they never were.

As Ian , Damo and anyone else who has them knows, the easy entry, slide forward and slide back to the pervious position doesn't apply either, so the description is quite inaccurate........:rolleyes:

·
The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
AidenL said:
As Ian , Damo and anyone else who has them knows, the easy entry, slide forward and slide back to the pervious position doesn't apply either, so the description is quite inaccurate........:rolleyes:

It does, you have to connect the cable from the runners to the seat at the back,

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AidenL said:
It does but I never got the clip with my seats to hold the cable in place. Stil trying to find something suitable. But to be honest no one ever sits in the back of my car anyway so it aint really an issue.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AidenL said:
Ah, I stand corrected...............:eek:

Think I'm still right about the thigh support though..........:D
I think they wil be doing it as the website has just been updated, itll just be another option. I suspect theyll drop the Half Leather options (that only match Cooper models not S models) as the rear JCW seats are only in available in full leather.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how do you get the seats to return to their position i have works seats and use the back seat on a daily basis and it really annoys me putting the seat back into position

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
I wish I knew... if they did that, I'd be more tempted to get the matching rears... as it is, I'll probably give them a miss :rolleyes:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If installed correctly there is a cable that runs from underneith the seat up to the rear of the seat. When the seat tilts forward it puls this cable, which in turn pulls the latchs underneith the seat. The only reason mine don't work is because said cable is not attached. I'm missing a retaining clip that holds the cable in place.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts