MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all was wondering if anyone had fitted them to there car These are the brand new ones with logo and are black silver and red. got instructions but photos are crap anyone got photo record and how they did it please post or pm me thanks. :cool: :blblack:

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
Not to difficult.....

Remove backing strip from sticky stuff and stick them on to the sill's. Though JCG's fitted mine I did fit the previous "Mini Cooper S" strips and presume they are the same.

I mihgt be missing something and the JCW strips might be way more complicated but I think thats all ya have to do!

Jones!

·
Registered
231 Posts
The hardest part of the process is removing the double sided tape from the sill in place and that is not hard but time consuming. The service must be smooth because the new JCW sill will show the imperfections.

Nice

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
bonz said:
The hardest part of the process is removing the double sided tape from the sill in place
Nice
I have heard dental floss and a hairdryer is good for this!

:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot for info got them on only took 4 hours to get glue off and three finger blisters only issue is on standard sill strips you can see four bumps from fittings underneath.

·
Ay Up
361 Posts
Photos? Were can i get some of these from? How much are they?
Got the wheels and the seats, need the sill plates now!

Any info appreciated. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got mine from the local Mini Dealer

JCW Part No JCW405

Mini Part No 51 71 0 305 557 £19.95 each... remember to order 2!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts