MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Get one John. I saw one at the London to Brighton run, and it looks pretty good. Speaking ot the owner he thought it made a difference ot the handling when running on the track.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im thinking about getting one, but they are so bloody expensive!!!

Where did you get yours from if you dont mind me asking??

I Never see the white ones available...i.e on ebay its always other colours!!! GRRR

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i'm geting one just as soon as i can get one at a descent prize, i really like them especially if your car has the motorsport look.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Herbert Austin I saw your car TWICE!!! in modern Mini this month and think it looks awesome!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
I understand that it doesnt take too long to actually fit but because it is stuck on with some sort of special glue that it takes a long time to set... £190 sounds like about 1.5 - 2 hours to me...:) I think its about 6hrs before you can drive the car having had the spoiler fitted...

There is a fitting guide on minimania.com which states 6 hrs to set and about 1.25 hrs for fitting... :) hope this helps.

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Do you think an all black one would look ok on my JCW? Car is in black with white roof.
Ive got an all black JCW and was going to put a black one on - I recon if it were me I would match the roof with the spoiler... but having said that it may well look good! :) Wonder if anyone else has this combo already to see what it looks like...?

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Very true....pics please anyone??

I guess white or black would look good. There is one on eBay for £335 which although is a good price compared to retail...is still a bit high in my opinion. That does include postage.

Just by the time you buy the thing and then pay for fitting....almost £450+. Derek Woodmans in Blackpool will charge £425 for spoiler and fitting included!!! Not bad but if i use the dealer down in Surrey the fitting costs will be higher!!!

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Very true....pics please anyone??

I guess white or black would look good. There is one on eBay for £335 which although is a good price compared to retail...is still a bit high in my opinion. That does include postage.

Just by the time you buy the thing and then pay for fitting....almost £450+. Derek Woodmans in Blackpool will charge £425 for spoiler and fitting included!!! Not bad but if i use the dealer down in Surrey the fitting costs will be higher!!!
PM sent :)

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Just won an auction for one of these in all Black on eBay!!! Very excited. Pretty good price at £225.

I've been quoted £165 to have the spoiler fitted, inc adhesive. Expensive but there is no way i'm attempting this myself. The annoying thing is the installation guide says 1.25 hours fitting time but the dealer says they take longer than this. Could argue the point that the guide from MINI says 1.25 hours but they'll just say they can't do it in that time.

Will post pics if anyone is interested...assuming all goes to plan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts