MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the BBK from JCW available in the UK yet? If so, does anybody have it? Anybody know when it will be available in the U.S.?

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
It will be out at the end of the year and I will be getting them as soon as they come onto the market!!

Will let ya know!

Jones!:D

·
901 Posts
No idea....I would estimate around the £600-£800 mark.....but dont quote me on that. The new brochures will be out this month so am sure they will have a price list soon. Will get them for the warranty aspect providing they are a good competitor to Brembo's....as in similar quality etc otherwise will just get the Brembo 330's.

Jones! :D

·
901 Posts
No boat to miss mate!! Basically, JCW are bringing out Suspension (already available), brake kits, carbon fibre pieces etc and as they are produced by JCW they are all warranty covered.

Brakes should be out at the end of the year. Keep and eye in Mini mags and new JCW brochure is out soon.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Jones said:
No boat to miss mate!! Basically, JCW are bringing out Suspension (already available), brake kits, carbon fibre pieces etc and as they are produced by JCW they are all warranty covered.Jones! :D
.......... and hugely expensive/overpriced :D :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
413 Posts
Very true Wibbly, but sadly i know i'd feel compelled to go for the factory stuff even if it is bettered elsewhere.

So does this new stuff slot in between the normal JCW kits and the Motorsport bits? Excellent news that its supported by BMW :) I'll eagerly anticipate the brochure then...

-Rob

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
overpriced?? well yes like most JCW stuff but people are prepared to pay it (jncluding me!) hoping to get the suspension next year when I've emptied another bank account full!

·
901 Posts
wibbly said:
.......... and hugely expensive/overpriced :D :rolleyes: :p
Oh yeah...forgot that bit!

Not that we can talk having paid about £100 per 1bhp for the initial kit!! Where there is a demand....there will almost certainly be a supply!! :D:D

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was able to score a new brochure while stopped at the JCW showroom during our UK motoring adventure - it has all of the goodies in it :D

·
901 Posts
Ok, well from what I can remember...others can elaborate further if I miss anything...

Suspension
Brakes
Carbon Fibre Bonnet Scoop (see my gallery)
CF Spoiler - like the motorsport one but slightly rounded
CF Dash
CF Boot handle cover (Trunk handle cover for the USA!)
JCW Door sill plates (Also see my gallery)
JCW upgrade kit for MCS and MC

I think there might have been some other things for the MC but didnt pay much attention to those pages. Sorry!

All of the above will be covered by warranty as they are JCW produced.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also carbon fiber mirror caps :)

·
2nd Year
83 Posts
Back to the subject of the brake kits: will it require the 18" JCW wheels or will the kit fit behind MINI 17" or 16" wheels?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In the brochure, the brake kit is shown with the 18" wheels. But I'm hoping it will fit the 16s and 17s also but we have not heard for sure yet. The front discs will be larger with new, more powerful (4-pot I think) calipers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Motorsport brakes

I had the Motorsport brakes fitted to my Works S back in April.

I have 16" OZ wheels and they fitted a 9MM spacer that is all.

The brakes completely transformed the car and are now just right for the power.

·
JCW No. 1459
869 Posts
mini2mad said:
I had the Motorsport brakes fitted to my Works S back in April.
Maybe I'm missing the point :rolleyes: but what exactly does your brake kit comprise of? The only Motorsport brake options by JCW listed are disk & pad upgrades ... nothing in terms of caliper so they should fit any standard wheel size ... no spacers required :confused:

The JCW Sports Brake kit which is mentioned in earlier posts had yet to be released and comprises completely new front brakes (nice red calipers ;) ) and upgraded rear brake linings ... no information I'm aware of indicates the wheel/offset requirements for this kit :(

Hopefully it will fit behind 17' OZ Racing Superturismo GTs ;)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts