MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Factory fitted JCW is available how long will the after market stage 1 kit be availbe for from the dealers?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've not read anything that suggests it will be removed from the market.

Given they have already developed the kit it would be silly for them to remove it unless they stop selling any. They will surely continue to get money from people wishing to get a little bit more from a stock S without taking the hit of trading to a factory JCW model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would they not want people to trade to a factory JCW therefor remove the kit from the market? I hope this is not the case as I am looking at buying a Cooper S early next year and quite fancy the upgrade, but don't fancy the price of the factory JCW!

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I picked my S + JCW kit up from the dealers last month I posed the very same question. They maintained that the kit was a valuable stepping stone for customers and without it there would be too much of a gap between the S and the factory model - performance to a certain extent but in reality price. The slightly more jaundiced view is that it's a good moeny spinner for BMW. It's definitely worth the extra money for the sound alone and that well designed exhaust.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Im gonna miss the looks of my stage 1 exhaust when the new one comes but the sound of the factory version is even ruder!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi CoopererS56

I had my stage 1 kit fitted last month by my dealer, got a great deal on the price with some negotiating.

The kit is worth ever penny as it transforms the car. Not only do you get a great exhaust note when you put your foot down but the remap makes the engine much more eager, responsive and it revs much quicker now

It has added a whole new charactor to my car. One that just loves to be driven and given a good workout.

The added power is also great bonus as well.

You could even fit the JCW inlet pipe which even adds a liitle bit more to the car

I think that the car should actually have this kit as standard just for the charactor it gives it.

Don't wait, get it fitted. I only had to wait 3 days for it to be fitted from ordering it.

Have Fun;)

Splashed100

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi CoopererS56

I had my stage 1 kit fitted last month by my dealer, got a great deal on the price with some negotiating.

The kit is worth ever penny as it transforms the car. Not only do you get a great exhaust note when you put your foot down but the remap makes the engine much more eager, responsive and it revs much quicker now

It has added a whole new charactor to my car. One that just loves to be driven and given a good workout.

The added power is also great bonus as well.

You could even fit the JCW inlet pipe which even adds a liitle bit more to the car

I think that the car should actually have this kit as standard just for the charactor it gives it.

Don't wait, get it fitted. I only had to wait 3 days for it to be fitted from ordering it.

Have Fun;)

Splashed100

What do you class as a great deal £££??????

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

My great deal was £1400 fitted, down from £1800.

I could have got it for about £100 less from garages further away from me but by the time you factor in petrol costs and taking time off from work, it was not worth the hassel for £100.

It took them 4 hours to download the software upgrade!

Only paid £58 for the JCW inlet tube though

Splashed100

·
Registered
851 Posts
You used to be able to get it for just over a grand fitted, not sure that's still the case though.

I found a special offer on here and my local dealer matched it but that was months ago. Search the sponsors and specials sections and see if you find anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You used to be able to get it for just over a grand fitted, not sure that's still the case though.

I found a special offer on here and my local dealer matched it but that was months ago. Search the sponsors and specials sections and see if you find anything.
I'll be shopping around but hope my dealer can do me the best deal. Would like to keep everything under the one roof.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I wanted to try and do the stage one to a clubman. I thought that it would be simple.....airbox, remap and proberbly use standard exhaust or aftermarket! But i have been told that you cant just remap the R56 like the R53 as each remap is unique to each car and it is coded even before you get the disc. Is this true?
Thanks Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts