MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Is there any aditional info out there, about this new set of brakes?

Any reference or part number yet?

I'm strongly thinking of getting these, as i used to have the other JCW ones, and my works didn't have the stopping power i idealise..:D

Best regards from Shiny Lisbon,

Afonso

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
At the minute the R56 JCW brake kit is the same as the R53 works kit in respect of size.

They are also the same as the the standard R56 Brakes just not painted.

A GP owner called Snowie on hear has a thread about it as he bought the upgrade brakes for his GP and when measured they were exactly the same size with only with a vey slight difference.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
4 pot R56 JCW kit

There is no news on this yet as to if and when it will be available - I have my feelers out and will let people know any info when my source lets me know.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
for one better i will soon be able to supply the NEW JCW Motor Sport brake kit as used in the challenge but with road spec pads.

james
Good man

Can you send me a PM with a few details - price, availability and pad options. Fast road use and occassional track.
GP #1657 is running 260 BHP and at the moment #0881 is stock - will change in November

thanks

Alan

·
Boosted
480 Posts
for one better i will soon be able to supply the NEW JCW Motor Sport brake kit as used in the challenge but with road spec pads.

james
As in the AP Racing kit? oooooooohhh!

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
its the Euro spec one thats made buy Movit (they do a version with road pads),

the AP on in the uk is i think a stock AP 6 pot calliper with mini specific discs that they wont sell unless you have a challenge chassis number (its would also be very expensive to have discs and mounts custom made and the cost of the 6 pots too)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
There is a bigger 330mm AP kit available through the likes of Ray West and GGR, This is still a 4 pot caliper and Ray was keen to point out it was not the same caliper as you usually see for the MINI (eg Lohen), but in fact a "Racing Caliper" but with dust boots think he said. WIll dig out the email...

Having said that AP now list a larger 328mm AP kit for the R56, that should fit the R53 anyway :rolleyes:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
From Feb 2007...

Email From Ray West said:
Hi Damian

We manufacture 3 kits these are all made in house are the best you can get, most of our kit you don’t have to use spacers but this depends on your wheels

1) 310x28 with 4 pot Brembo calipers £925 supplied and fitted

2) 330x28 with alloy bells 4 pot Brembo calipers £1275 supplied and fitted

3) 330x28 with alloy bells 4 AP racing calipers £1598 supplied and fitted these use AP 5000 calipers not the little one’s that are in the std AP kit

Regards

Ray West
That was in Feb 07 though, ended up going with Stoptech at Lohen due to price and distance.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The AP 'black' Calliper kit (i cant remember AP's in house code name for it, could be formula) for the mini are usually worth the extra outlay i know a few folk who rave about them, there is a massive difference in quality from their high end kits to their cheaper kits, the differences aside from the bigger caliper, are the grooved discs, and a better pad compound.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
The AP 'black' Calliper kit (i cant remember AP's in house code name for it, could be formula) for the mini are usually worth the extra outlay i know a few folk who rave about them, there is a massive difference in quality from their high end kits to their cheaper kits.
Would defo agree with that

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all!

James, yes i mean the new brake 4pot jcw kit that comes with the new R56 JCW.

The motorsport one you are refering to is the one in grey with JCW motorsport ingraived?

If you could also send me some more info on that please..:D

Getting back on the JCW, i know this is must be already in production, as the fist new WORKS are arriving to the dealers..but i know there is no part number yet..

Would love to know the price and how it behaves..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi all!

James, yes i mean the new brake 4pot jcw kit that comes with the new R56 JCW.

The motorsport one you are refering to is the one in grey with JCW motorsport ingraived?

If you could also send me some more info on that please..:D

Getting back on the JCW, i know this is must be already in production, as the fist new WORKS are arriving to the dealers..but i know there is no part number yet..

Would love to know the price and how it behaves..
The Motor Sport one i will be suppling is the Movit BBK as Used in the Euro Challenge,

The Grey one is the old R53 Challenge BBK and was made by AP racing, and are not suitable for road use as they have no dust seals they are an out and out race caliper.

If i can (i do have a BMW trade account) i will supply the new works 4 pot as an upgrade pack , but since its not been released yet i cant say for sure as i did ask my parts chap the other day when i was in, will keep you advised. :)

I imagine its been made buy brembo and stamped as JCW cost ....... i would guess over 1400 if the sell it as dealer fit upgrade.

james

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you very much for the info James!

I will wait then for your feedback.;)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I imagine its been made buy brembo and stamped as JCW cost ....... i would guess over 1400 if the sell it as dealer fit upgrade.

james
Surwe I read somewhere that all BMW brakes where now being made by Brembo now so more than likely that will include MINI aswell :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
They do seem to make most peoples brakes for them these days, you only have to look at some of the new BMW calipers to realize that there not made by ATE (the gloss black ones with BMW in silver on them)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts