MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a big fan myself - although alot better than black ones on cooper. I guess chrome lovers will like them. Others views????????

Much prefer the accessory ones UJ, chequered or the ones im going to get the JCW accessory ones which have black mess like JCW grille with only touch of chrome.

My standard JCW ones are for sale if anyone is interested

Tobes

·
Registered
262 Posts
TBH I don't really like what they did with the R56 side scuttles, as I'm sure many would agree the Gen 1 scuttles were far superior in looks and build quality. Though the Gen1 scuttles cost a huge amount more to produce as they were sunk into the surface as apposed to laid on top.

The accessory JCW scuttles do look better in my opinion, I don't mind a little chrome but not too much. I think they'll be on my list of accessories to buy along with a carbon diffuser and interior door pulls...etc...etc...etc

·
Registered
60 Posts
TBH I don't really like what they did with the R56 side scuttles, as I'm sure many would agree the Gen 1 scuttles were far superior in looks and build quality. Though the Gen1 scuttles cost a huge amount more to produce as they were sunk into the surface as apposed to laid on top.

The accessory JCW scuttles do look better in my opinion, I don't mind a little chrome but not too much. I think they'll be on my list of accessories to buy along with a carbon diffuser and interior door pulls...etc...etc...etc
Totally agree. I really dislike the factory JCW chrome scuttles they definitely should have fitted the accessory JCW ones as standard, IMO the best ones available for the R56. The gen 1 's' ones were particularly nice and one of the details that really impressed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Maybe get rid of the scuttles all together and just have an indicator lense? What bodywork is underneath the scuttle? I don't have my car yet so I can't go and have a look! Looking at the clay model of the R56 the surface under the scuttle looked pretty cool! :nice:

I dont know what the laws are about the side indicator being sunk back, as the indicator may be hidden behind the bonnet opening. :puzzled:

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
They are far better than the std One, Cooper (D) fitment, but I prefer the JCW ones that you have fitted :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are far better than the std One, Cooper (D) fitment, but I prefer the JCW ones that you have fitted :)
Agree with you

Any one , cooper or Dooper owners want a cheap way to improve the looks of their car

im selling my chrome JCW originals for £20 Been on car for less than 2 weeks - As new condition

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
"white lightning" is now back all fixed (see faults section) and has a treat i am going for these

not fitted them yet but they do look good

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"white lightning" is now back all fixed (see faults section) and has a treat i am going for these

not fitted them yet but they do look good
Thats the babies i have on now - look alot better

these should be standard on the JCW

The Standard JCW can be put on coopers, the one's keep the black ones and the 'S' stay same

Job done

Everyone happier!

·
Registered
14 Posts
As well as some carbon fibre alternatives that are about 2 weeks away,
we will have an improved version of these in Jan, with a full length LED side repeater
I like the idea of full length LED not sure about the chrome part looks to long, could they not be styled a bit more like the side repeater on the new M3??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you need the bracket for side scuttle changing aswell or is it as simple as popping of the cover and changing with the JCW cover?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts