MINI Cooper Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Does anybody know what the diameter of the stock R56 front and rear anti-sway bars are? I also would like to know what the diameter of the JCW front and rear anti-sway bars are, please.
The sport rear ARB is 18mm, and JCW rear is 18.5mm.

I think the front is 24mm & 24.5mm respectively.

Yes, that's what 'all in' means...

Just thought I'd post this link on here that was posted earlier in the JCW section:

John Cooper Works JCW MINI Tuning Parts and Accessories at genuinemini.co.uk - Great Prices on all R56 and JCW John Cooper Works MINI Parts and MINI Accessories

Buy the kit from here then have a local garage install it for a significant saving... :D
Is this kit the "hardcore" JCW Suspension - it seems to indicate the sports suspension - and does not include springs - so they need to be added as well - does that setup - which is coming in at £219.64 + £406.96 = £626.60 - plus fitting equate to the kit referred to on Motoring File - here »

it seems to indicate the sports suspension - does that equate to the kit referred to on Motoring File - here »
As long as it's a JCW part then yes it's the setup mentioned on Motoringfile. The plain 'sports' suspension you can specify when ordering is not a JCW part and not available as a retrofit kit as such.

The springs are seperate as there are different spring rates (3 from memory) which are dependent on what options your Mini has. Sorry if anyone thought the link I posted was to the full kit...

Does anyone know the cost of the JCW Sports Suspension. How much would it typically cost to fit on a new factory JCW? I've read some posts mentioning £1K. I'm enquiring at a few dealers tomorrow but need to be armed with real cost information that others have paid.

Additionally, I understand that a 4-wheel geometry alignment needs to be carried out by the dealer. Do you get a printout confirming the alignment is within the recommended spec after the kit has been fitted? The reason I ask is that how do you know a dealer has spent the requisite two hours to do the geometry alignment and, if it has been done, that it is correctly aligned?

In previous sports cars i've had a 'before' and 'after; printout on Hunter equipment that verifies the geometry is correct.

I'm payying £1190.71 fitted. Thats with 15% off the kit and 25% off the springs - and then 5% off the fitting charge.
Think MINI dealerships quote 72AW to fit it all (=6 hours). Preety expensive fitting charge!
Tara&Paul may well have got a better price from woodmans - it would be interesting to see!
I just have to ask; what is AW in 72AW?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.