MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one upgraded from or to a jcw suspension?

which did you go for ?

if jcw option, is the drop the same as ss+ ?

any feedback apreciated

i ask as i am toying with aftermarket or changing to jcw from my ss+ and eibach springs

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
any one upgraded from or to a jcw suspension?

which did you go for ?

if jcw option, is the drop the same as ss+ ?

any feedback apreciated

i ask as i am toying with aftermarket or changing to jcw from my ss+ and eibach springs
Will be intersted in this also as I was contemplating the JCW setup in place of my eibachs, nothing wrong with the eibachs just considering somkething a little less agressive :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
About 10mm lower than the SS+, while managing the impressive trick of improving both the grip in corners AND the ride comfort.

Basically the dampers are valved to work with runflats.

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Is the jcw suspension kit fitted to a mcs or jcw the same as was fitted to the GP?

Reason I ask is the ride was very hard in my GP. Plus going over speed bumps was torture. Caught the front bumper many times but I think it doesn't help on the GP with the extra low front bumper.

I presume you'd have a similar issue with this suspension kit fitted to a car with the aero kit. Anyone had any experience of this setup?

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought gp would be no good for me, cos my car is so much heavier with all the options inc sunroof

·
Whining....
1,901 Posts
I have the JCW Suspension on my MCS with Aero kit and I find it fine on all but the biggest speed bumps where you get a touch of scraping at the front - The ride with 18" Runflats is nowhere near as harsh as my old Cooper with SS and 17" Runflats. I never drove the car without the JCW kit as it was fitted by the previous owner (nylo) but I have no complaints whatsoever about the grip and ride. :)

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
I never see the JCW suspension kit advertised anywhere.

Do you guys know the costs as well as typical fitting costs?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have the JCW Suspension on my MCS with Aero kit and I find it fine on all but the biggest speed bumps where you get a touch of scraping at the front - The ride with 18" Runflats is nowhere near as harsh as my old Cooper with SS and 17" Runflats. I never drove the car without the JCW kit as it was fitted by the previous owner (nylo) but I have no complaints whatsoever about the grip and ride. :)
Thought the same here - GP with 18" rims and JCW suspension has a better ride quality than my S with 17" rims and SS suspension.

Reactions: alski

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Well....i loved my GP but the ride was not something i loved. Going round corners....fantastic...but any holes or bumps...i almost had to have my teeth repaired.

My JCW has 17" alloys with standard sports suspension and the ride is much better....but ofcourse it flops round corners in comparison to the GP i had!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
seems to me like mini suspension is cack... my clio 182 was comfortable as any other and you could push as hard as you dared into any corner wet or dry.

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From mini in Reading.....

£420 for dampers and roll bar
£220 for springs
£630 labour

Total is £1270 inc VAT and fitted

:aargh:

this is why i went aftermarket.....shocking cost :hmph:

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
£1185.00 Fully fitted At Woodmans
I got a cheaper quote than that but that was a few months ago - its still not much of a saving compareed with an aftermarket full set up which could leave an extra £300 in your pocket...

·
Registered
84 Posts
So is it softer..?!

I don't like the way of braking of the Mini: during hard braking, the car has too pitching for my taste. The comparison is with my BMW that, having weight on the rear axle and dynamic drive control (active roll stabilization in USA), remains perfectly flat.
Ok, I will never have the Mini like the BMW, but I was hoping to decrease pitching getting this JCW retrofit kit.

What about stock MCS --> JCW suspensions ?

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts