MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Can anyone answer a few questions for me.....

Are all JCW tail pipe trims the same.......MK1 and Mk2 mini's
What internal diameter are the trims (the end that attaches to the silencer) are they 50mm..??

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well from what ive seen in a topic on here is that they still had to modify the exhaust/trim to get it on.
Im not sure if the new 211 works trim will be an easy fit as i believe its a bigger diameter. Will try and get some facts asap. Im looking at a similar thing to my clubman to be!
Mark

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Any info would be great....ive got a contact to speak to tomorrow. After a brief chat the other day he was 90% certain the R56 trims are 50mm inner diameter but was going to measure some for me.

If I get any solid info ill post here

Ken

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Hi there

Can anyone answer a few questions for me.....

Are all JCW tail pipe trims the same.......MK1 and Mk2 mini's
What internal diameter are the trims (the end that attaches to the silencer) are they 50mm..??

Thanks
Ken
Ken to answer the first question, No the tail pipe trims are different from the MK1 & MK2 JCW MINIs. The internal diameter you are correct it is 50mm in size, however they will not fit the standard exhaust without some modifications, see my posts in this thread:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-...entral-exit-exhaust-mini-one.html#post3552291

Hi

Any info would be great....ive got a contact to speak to tomorrow. After a brief chat the other day he was 90% certain the R56 trims are 50mm inner diameter but was going to measure some for me.

If I get any solid info ill post here

Ken
I have fitted a standard S Exhaust onto my R56 Cooper, and also added the JCW Exhaust Trims, it wasnt a huge job but required the end of the standard exhaust to be cut off slightly and a new extension added to hold the 50mm JCW Trims

·
SCNM Oldie!
27 Posts
The exhaust trims are different....BUT i bought some new of mini matt for the r53 but modified them to perfectly fit my r56 S and they look the nuts and only took me about 30 mins each tip to modify and fit and now you would never know. I will post up a fitting guide and a picture/s of the finished artical and the tips once modified.

·
SCNM Oldie!
27 Posts
I would sell you mine but surely you would like to spend like an hour to mod ur own and have brand new tip?? Plus sorry but i would need to sell both coz i have an s so just selling one would look very silly on the car. Plus they cost like £80 new so the modded ones would cost more than that for all the extra time spent modding them to fit perfectly. Maybe you could do a deal with someone were you buy the tip and send it to them any they will mod is for a small fee? ;)

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
looking forward to seeing some pics, when I compared the R53 JCW Pipes with the R56 JCW Tail Pipes there was a big difference in the size and "chunkyness" of the two models!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts