MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow! I have GOT to get some of these! :)

Test drove the new Works 'S' this morning, and they were awesome (fill the wheel too...)!

Makes my existing R53 Works brakes feel like so much mush... :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
there 4 pot opposing calipers hence why you see 2 positions on the out side if there were 4 pistons on the outside they would be 8 pots,

as unlike the stock claw type where the piston is on the inside and uses the force to pull the caliper in and make it a 2 pot you can get 4 pots of this type where there a 2 pistons on the inside

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered a set here in the UK.
Delivery Wednesday, test fitting Thursday.
So, should be on the car nicely in time for Malverns IV... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! I have GOT to get some of these! :)

Test drove the new Works 'S' this morning, and they were awesome (fill the wheel too...)!

Makes my existing R53 Works brakes feel like so much mush... :(
Just took delivery of an 09 JCW (pics to follow) and the brakes are great!

I will update as soon as I have found dustless pads like I had on my 03 S that worked great and gave ZERO DUST!

If anyone knows the part number for the brake pads for the stock JCW brakes in the 09 please let me know, it will make the search much easier.

Thanks
Meckonica

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drat - "On Hold for Test Fitting*"

1-4 weeks delay.... :(

Kit apparently includes new disks, pads and calipers all round.

*I can read, and I know how to use a torque wrench. Give me a set and I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Drat - "On Hold for Test Fitting*"

1-4 weeks delay.... :(

Kit apparently includes new disks, pads and calipers all round.

*I can read, and I know how to use a torque wrench. Give me a set and I'll let you know how it goes.
I think I'll wait and see how you get on, and hope that you do a full thread like Snowy on this, as its bound to be a popular topic/modification;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
They cost round 1800 euros in germany...rear and front set!

R56 MINI Cooper S (stock)
front: 294 mm (= 11.5748031 inches) brake disc diameter
rear: 259 mm (= 10.1968504 inches) brake disc diameter

R56 MINI John Cooper Works (retrofit brake kit)
front: 316 mm (= 12.4409449 inches) brake disc diameter
rear: 280 mm (= 11.023622 inches) brake disc diameter

·
Registered
159 Posts
there 4 pot opposing calipers hence why you see 2 positions on the out side if there were 4 pistons on the outside they would be 8 pots,

as unlike the stock claw type where the piston is on the inside and uses the force to pull the caliper in and make it a 2 pot you can get 4 pots of this type where there a 2 pistons on the inside

Do you have prices yet?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just been quoted £1400 fitted (inc VAT) for the Works 4-pots which includes a new set of rear disks, pads and calipers too (slotted disks front and rear).

1 - 20 of 150 Posts