MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jcw what bhp can i run??

Hi guys, I got a JCW 2004 and it is stock at the moment other than just a exhaust and a k&n filter.
I want to know what the max power i can run on stock internals and how much boost it can handle?
Bare in mind the car is a daily driver and need it to be faster and reliable.
Iv seen 250-300WHP minis and wondering if their running stock internals.I will be happy with the sort off power.
Heres the list of stuff i want to get, correct me if im worng-

-440CC injector
-Pulley 17%
-Upgraded charger (need advice and help on what charger and where i can get one from)
-Bigger intercooler
-Manifold/headers
-Cam

Can i have any sort of website or place where i can order these bits.

Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
depends on how much you want to spend, you dont need to up rate the charger relay, best start is not the engine, swap out the front wishbone bushes for super-flex ones, decent set of coilovers with camber plates and rear control arms and a better brake setup and strut tower braces.

then head and cam, intercooler, and 16% or 17% pulley, better plugs and manifold will help the engine breath and an IAT gauge (unless your going BIG power youll only need 380 or 400cc injectors) better enclosed filter (dont run open cone)and have it properly mapped, not chipped, dont go bothering with stuff like throttle bodys, and lighter clutch and flywheel like a clutch masters FX200 or FX300

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
jcw what bhp can i run??

Hi guys, I got a JCW 2004 and it is stock at the moment other than just a exhaust and a k&n filter.
I want to know what the max power i can run on stock internals and how much boost it can handle?
Bare in mind the car is a daily driver and need it to be faster and reliable.
Iv seen 250-300WHP minis and wondering if their running stock internals.I will be happy with the sort off power.
Heres the list of stuff i want to get, correct me if im worng-

-440CC injector
-Pulley 17%
-Upgraded charger (need advice and help on what charger and where i can get one from)
-Bigger intercooler
-Manifold/headers
-Cam

Can i have any sort of website or place where i can order these bits.

Thanks

I think I have read somewhere that the stock internals are good for 500WHP:aargh:!!!

The weak point is the pistons.

For serious power PM Jan @ Revolution Mini Works (RMW) he will tell you all you need to know and give you the prices:biggrin:

Hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
how much...

How much?? 350 WHP ( 399 BHP) on the stock lower is fine!! The bottom end of theses engines are totally un-real strong!! New technology :"Crack"rods/ Forged pistons/ crankshaft supported buy 4 bolt mains and the lower 1/2 of the engine block!! The actual limits of the engine is the TUNE ( A/F ) There are more than a few Nitrous Boosted engines in the US supporting 300+ WHP!!

The problem with ALL Boosted engine, is the driver/builder!! You can always over kill anything, yes?? The key is the ign timing and the A/F.. the rest is ..............................

Just me..................................

Thumper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts