MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked FAQ and can't find anything. Does anyone know the best place in the United Kingdom to buy a set of JCW 18 rims? Been quoted £1400 by my Mini dealer?! yikes!

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
i think with tyres its bout £ 1800 i think thats what my dealer advetised them at :confused:

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
andeh said:
I ordered my MCS with the chili pack and then paid an extra £750 quid ish to upgrade to JCW Wheels, fully fitted inc VAT etc. Dealer kept the 17" that came with the car.
thats pretty decent. my dealer wants £1600 for em fitted but as i didnt want the runflats he said he'll sell 4 single wheels for £680 then i can either get a tyre fitter to do the rest or if i take 4 tyres in he'll fit them with the kds check, if thats what it's called and the steering limiter for £190.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
phoned a friend of a friend 2day thats works at another local dealer and he says he'll b able to beat that price easy so i look forward to hearing from him 2moro!!

think these wheels are gonna work out a lot cheaper than i thought!!

if my sums are right it's gonna work out about £1000 with falkens 451's or £1100 with yoko parada's. think i'll be goin with the yoko's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fizzle said:
phoned a friend of a friend 2day thats works at another local dealer and he says he'll b able to beat that price easy so i look forward to hearing from him 2moro!!

think these wheels are gonna work out a lot cheaper than i thought!!

if my sums are right it's gonna work out about £1000 with falkens 451's or £1100 with yoko parada's. think i'll be goin with the yoko's.
Is this a deal that could be offered to others?

Even with courier and fitting charges, that sounds a lot cheaper than the £1636 that JCG recently quoted me for fitted wheels with :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: run flats.

Fraz

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
kabulcooper said:
Is this a deal that could be offered to others?

Even with courier and fitting charges, that sounds a lot cheaper than the £1636 that JCG recently quoted me for fitted wheels with :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: run flats.

Fraz
the price of £680 for 4 wheels should be the same at every dealer as it's the price i got from the 2 dealers that i got a quote from. both dealers did say that they can only order the wheels as a set with the tyres for about £1400 but when i pushed they said a single wheel could be ordered for £145+vat and there was nothing stopping them ordering 4.

the best price for tyres i've seen is £300 for Falkens in 215/40/18 or £420 for yoko's in the same size. 215/35/18 work out slightly dearer but can also be fitted. i'm gonna get them fitted by a local tyre guy for £20 which will save a bit of money too.

it means a lot of arsein around but if it means savin about £500 n havin a better set of tyres then i think its worth it.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
heres hopin everythings gonna work out!!

wheels n tyres are ordered, wheels will be at the dealer 2moro and tyres shud be here on thu but i'm gonna have to wait til sat to get them fitted. gonna get the local tyre place to do it as my mate at bmw said there shouldnt be a problem fittin them without the limiter and kds etc but if there was then theres nothin stoppin me goin back to bmw n gettin it done for the same price at a later date.

ended up orderin yoko parada's in 215-35-18 as i thought the 215-40-18's mite rub on the arches with mine bein lowered.

ended up costin:

wheels £622
tyres £471
fitting £20

total £1113

cant really complain about that.

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
LordNikon said:
£1100 would have got you a nice set of aftermarket 18's anyway ... why the fuss for the JCW wheels ??? :confused:
been lookin around for aftermarket rims since the summer n kept changin my mind on what kind to get almost on a weekly basis so never actually commited to buying any.

had always liked the jcw rims but was put off by the price and the fact that they came with runflat tyres, which was half the reason for changin from the s spokes in in the first place.

so i am now happy that i've got some wheels i like and a decent set of tyres.

hope this clears up any confusion ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fizzle said:
been lookin around for aftermarket rims since the summer n kept changin my mind on what kind to get almost on a weekly basis so never actually commited to buying any.

had always liked the jcw rims but was put off by the price and the fact that they came with runflat tyres, which was half the reason for changin from the s spokes in in the first place.

so i am now happy that i've got some wheels i like and a decent set of tyres.

hope this clears up any confusion ;)
Makes perfect sense mate, sorry if i sounded alittle abrupt !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.