MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this has already been done.

can the new jcw works intake kit be fitted to an otherwise stock ( engine wise ) march 04 cooper s ?
if so what sort of improvements can be expected and for what price £???????

also would it be the new injecters / flap etc or is this only on the jcw 200/210 upgrade ?

looking for a bit more low / midrange throttle response .

and can it be fitted at local dealers ?

steve

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
steve1968 said:
...can the new jcw works intake kit be fitted to an otherwise stock ( engine wise ) march 04 cooper s ?
if so what sort of improvements can be expected and for what price £???????
Hi, Just had it fitted to my stock 04 MSC at my local dealers Yesterday for £350- all in.
It would have been more, but did a deal where I fixed for them to do mine & a mates together. :cool:

Ive only done around 50 miles since, but you can really tell the difference to the increased power band over 4500 revs.
Induction noise is also increased a little, but not overly so as to become intrusive.
I personally couldnt justify spending around £4000 having the full works fitted, but for less than 10% of that price now have a JCW badged Car ...( albeit under the Bonnet) :rolleyes:
It might still sound expensive telling anyone what you`ve paid for what is in essence a new Air Filter, But Compared to other aftermarket offerings available I believe it cant be beaten.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Restyle said:
Hi, Just had it fitted to my stock 04 MSC at my local dealers Yesterday for £350- all in.
It would have been more, but did a deal where I fixed for them to do mine & a mates together. :cool:

Ive only done around 50 miles since, but you can really tell the difference to the increased power band over 4500 revs.
Induction noise is also increased a little, but not overly so as to become intrusive.
I personally couldnt justify spending around £4000 having the full works fitted, but for less than 10% of that price now have a JCW badged Car ...( albeit under the Bonnet) :rolleyes:
It might still sound expensive telling anyone what you`ve paid for what is in essence a new Air Filter, But Compared to other aftermarket offerings available I believe it cant be beaten.
:D
Are you still happy with it?

I'm thinking of replacing my Rogue intake with the JCW one :confused:

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
Shorty said:
..Are you still happy with it?..
To be absolutely Honest... Over the Moon with it
The continuation of the acceleration curve over & above 4500 revs is Effortless, Smooth, & Phenomenal. !!
I find myself now often turning off the CD just to hear the Engine note as the car accelerates, & look for weak excuses to overtake the car in front .. even if it is an MR2 :D

The only downside to mention is the intervention of the DSC (or whatever computer it is that bring on the Orange Dash lights to warn of wheel spin, ... Ive even managed to spin in 4th :eek:
I took it on an unbroken straight country road last Sunday to give it a test & found myself passing the Ton several hundred yards before it usually does .... (& happily didnt manage to kill any pheasants this time either ;) )

I have no problem with thoughoughly recommending this system
...whats the phrase they should use ..
"Reasuringly Expensive"​
:cool:

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Restyle said:
To be absolutely Honest... Over the Moon with it
The continuation of the acceleration curve over & above 4500 revs is Effortless, Smooth, & Phenomenal. !!
I find myself now often turning off the CD just to hear the Engine note as the car accelerates, & look for weak excuses to overtake the car in front .. even if it is an MR2 :D

The only downside to mention is the intervention of the DSC (or whatever computer it is that bring on the Orange Dash lights to warn of wheel spin, ... Ive even managed to spin in 4th :eek:
I took it on an unbroken straight country road last Sunday to give it a test & found myself passing the Ton several hundred yards before it usually does .... (& happily didnt manage to kill any pheasants this time either ;) )

I have no problem with thoughoughly recommending this system
...whats the phrase they should use ..
"Reasuringly Expensive"​
:cool:
Did your insurance company use it as an excuse to put up your premium, and if so was it by much?

Matthew

·
"Big Munch"
90 Posts
How would an Insurance Company know what is under your bonnet?

Don't tell them !!! It only adds 5 HP anyway .... But is sure is more FUN :D :D :D

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
RED RAGE said:
How would an Insurance Company know what is under your bonnet?

Don't tell them !!! It only adds 5 HP anyway .... But is sure is more FUN :D :D :D
Why would they worry about something that can be bought as an option and is coverable under warrenty?

I'm getting one on mine. :)

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Purple Haze said:
Why would they worry about something that can be bought as an option and is coverable under warrenty?

I'm getting one on mine. :)
Here in the UK insurance companys check your car in the event of a total loss claim to see if there is anything on the car not fitted as standard spec. Any change such as a different induction kit they need to know about or it can void your insurance completely! Just another way to get extra money out of us!

Matthew

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
OK, don't tell your insurance company.

Funny though, when your car is trashed (like mine was three weeks ago) and its your fault.... your undeclared modifications stand out like they got neon signs - and my insurance assessor spotted all my modifications, and then they played back all the tapes of all the conversations I've had with them to see what I have declared, and what I haven't.

So go on, don't declare. They only put up my insurance by 10% for the Works conversion, so why should this mod cost you much anyway?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The latest JCW Tuning brochure at my dealership lists this as a seperate item for the MCS as well as an upgrade for early Works kits.

Looks like you can also order the exhaust seperately.

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
OK, don't tell your insurance company.

Funny though, when your car is trashed (like mine was three weeks ago) and its your fault.... your undeclared modifications stand out like they got neon signs - and my insurance assessor spotted all my modifications, and then they played back all the tapes of all the conversations I've had with them to see what I have declared, and what I haven't.

So go on, don't declare. They only put up my insurance by 10% for the Works conversion, so why should this mod cost you much anyway?
Who is your insurer?
Still waiting for my MCS to be made, but wondered about having the JCW air filter fitted as I can't afford the full kit.

Matthew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts